XM anti freeze........the pink/orange stuff

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another option since you are only topping up the system, is grab a bottle of redline water wetter. Most likely only be topping up with a 100ml or less, and to boot it is pink and will help things stay cool.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't water wetter need straight water to work right, and will freeze

If ur just low a touch use water, run a bit and will mix

Not going to change freeze rating much

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not mix antifreezes they are many different bases/ additive packs that when co-mingled do bad things, when in doubt buy oem and top up. Dexcool from what I have read is garbage turns to a gel type crap when spent. Lots of duramax guys dump and switch to elc. WIKI saves the day again.

Antifreeze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lots of the no silica, long life gels up when done

But that's like when it's been in the truck for 10 years and never been drained or flushed

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sirkdev is right don't mix! What ever you use check to make sure it's aluminum compatible. Doo uses the green. The orange has been suspected to soften plastic and there is a lot is plastics in your cooling system.
Huh, guess me and ferniesnow are color blind

Not green at all dude

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh, guess me and ferniesnow are color blind

Not green at all dude
I know struglins xm was leaking green coolant all over my truck last winter.. So some must have green coolant..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is green..

I mean, when did they start using aluminum in the engines..

LIke 20 years ago??

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I top my '14 up with GM Dex cool equivalent. Buddy's 13 had regular green antifreeze. From what my dealer told me it was one of the minor changes on the '14 compared to the 13. Doo decided to run Long Life Coolant now.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I top my '14 up with GM Dex cool equivalent. Buddy's 13 had regular green antifreeze. From what my dealer told me it was one of the minor changes on the '14 compared to the 13. Doo decided to run Long Life Coolant now.

Must be because the Doo engines last so long... What colour does a Polaris use?... JK

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
All my buddies with 13s came with green as well

Mine is green..

Yes, my '13's had green as well. They changed in '14. I don't know if all the '14's had the pink/orange but mine did. Nobody has listed the codes or certified equivalents:

On my quad, it goes like this (this is the only manual I have handy), for engine oil: Premium 4 Synthetic oil or another 0W-40 API certified SH oil.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Napa, Greggs and Crappy Tire all carry a yellow/clear antifreeze. Global Extended Life by Turbo Power. No issues with it.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Napa, Greggs and Crappy Tire all carry a yellow/clear antifreeze. Global Extended Life by Turbo Power. No issues with it.

That's what I tried to say too, but was met with this...

So does Celsius coolant... It's amber to clear

Problem is then ur sled coolant changes color and looks wrong... So best to stay pink-orange

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I tried to say too, but was met with this...
Well... Red and blue make purple

Same goes with coolant.... How are u going to tell if it leaks what is leaking if it's the not a specific color

That is y they color everything different , engine oil, coolant, gear, trans ect

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never noticed any changes in color when i top up sleds. Use it in cars, trucks, quads, etc. Happy with it.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be hard to determine a leak as it is clear for the most part. Guess that's why I check fluids every ride.

Top Bottom