XM anti freeze........the pink/orange stuff

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is the proper anti freeze to top up the etecs with the pink/orange anti freeze? I have a BRP part number but I can't find the specification or the category it falls into with regards to the manufacturers criteria.

Man there are a lot of different anti freezes out there????????? There is a thread about not mixing pink/orange with the green but I didn't find what I was looking for. So instead of cans and garlic shrimp, let's talk about anti freeze.:snow:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They changed the color a couple years back so I bought a litre jug cause someone told me not to mix it with the green? Another way to make money by the manufacturer?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the proper anti freeze to top up the etecs with the pink/orange anti freeze? I have a BRP part number but I can't find the specification or the category it falls into with regards to the manufacturers criteria.

Man there are a lot of different anti freezes out there????????? There is a thread about not mixing pink/orange with the green but I didn't find what I was looking for. So instead of cans and garlic shrimp, let's talk about anti freeze.:snow:
Doolaid brand, safe to drink, somewhat addictive apparently.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Just happen to have a jug of the pink/orange stuff in the shop. I've heard that too about mixing the green but who knows if it would actually cause issues. Part number on the jug is 219702685EA. Description beneath the part number says 'antifreeze lo life 12x1L'

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a engine tech t stat in my xm

Used g.m dex cool to top it up, is the silica free long life stuff

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I flushed mine and run Prestone 50/50 that way if im ever in need of emergency coolant its available pretty well anywhere.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But green is harder to find now that long life is 80% out there

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, NAPA carries an automotive coolant (called supreme iirc) that mixes with ALL colors of antifreeze including green. That's what I would use.
So does Celsius coolant... It's amber to clear

Problem is then ur sled coolant changes color and looks wrong... So best to stay pink-orange

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I was told once, is that you can mix coloured with engines that take green, but not green on engines that required coloured. Apparently green is more corrosive and used on cast engines, and coloured is used on aluminum. Just what I was told, if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard the same thing, the orange is for engines with aluminum blocks/heads as it is less corrosive. I wonder if I can use the orange stuff I have from Ford for my SuperDuty.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sirkdev is right don't mix! What ever you use check to make sure it's aluminum compatible. Doo uses the green. The orange has been suspected to soften plastic and there is a lot is plastics in your cooling system.

Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks!!
Do not mix antifreezes they are many different bases/ additive packs that when co-mingled do bad things, when in doubt buy oem and top up. Dexcool from what I have read is garbage turns to a gel type crap when spent. Lots of duramax guys dump and switch to elc. WIKI saves the day again.

Antifreeze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom