XM after market front bumper options

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Hey guys f uped the front bumper last weekend and just wondering if there are any better options than stock Would like a orange one but not sure if a stronger one is better or worse as it might transfer damage further back.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled 1.jpg This is my racewerx bumperI like it

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so the racewerx is looking real good. I'm about wanting to buy one but wanted to know about the bracing where the a-arm tie into. Is it like the grip&rip? Would I have to remove the grip&rips items or could the new bumper tie into them?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How does that RaceWerx work in conjunction with a full sized skid plate?

The new "twisted" bumper on the Doos is up to $80+ and it is getting expensive riding in the trees.......friggin' trees enyways!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think i would work at all with the plastic factory skid plates. Honestly don't get this bumper if you're doing any mountain riding since its horrible at collecting snow Like a big plow i will not be buying a new one.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think i would work at all with the plastic factory skid plates. Honestly don't get this bumper if you're doing any mountain riding since its horrible at collecting snow Like a big plow i will not be buying a new one.

I was thinking that when looking at your picture! Thing looks like it would hold 30lbs of snow.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you guys trying to drive thru that you need that big of a bumper. Little bigger and you can mount your LED light bars and winch in there.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
If you go big you'll just have to replace parts of the frame when you do hit something. My stock bumper ate a tree, mashed a bit of plastic, but my frame was fine. Took 30 minutes to replace, $100 for a new stock bumper, and with a heat gun I got the plastic to pop back. The stock system may seam weak but it prevents damage elsewhere.

DooDoo

Reaction score
Here is mine... BRP Bumper

View attachment 169017

I know for a fact this bumper works good. I watched a buddy do a huge jump and didn't take off in the right spot and ended up landing right in front of a tree. It was about 5" in diameter and he just went right through it with no problems at all. It exploded the tree like it wasn't even there. Well I shouldn't say no problems. The sled and him where going end over end down the hill once he hit it but 0 damage to the sled. I was sold on that bumper after I saw that. I couldn't believe it.

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Holy crap that looks well supported.

It is the Ski Doo XC Bumper. All Aluminum construction and bolts to the frame. Much better than the Matchstick bumper that comes stock.

What exactly are you guys trying to drive thru that you need that big of a bumper. Little bigger and you can mount your LED light bars and winch in there.

I do tree riding. It is much easier to mow over a small tree then stop and get stuck in a tree well.

If you go big you'll just have to replace parts of the frame when you do hit something. My stock bumper ate a tree, mashed a bit of plastic, but my frame was fine. Took 30 minutes to replace, $100 for a new stock bumper, and with a heat gun I got the plastic to pop back. The stock system may seam weak but it prevents damage elsewhere.

There are a couple ways of thinking about this... My Thoughts are that I would rather replace S module once rather than a Pipe/panel/matchstick bumper multiple times. I can still ride sled out for bent s module. If I crush the pipe, good luck climbing a hill to get back out...

Also I have insurance, so the less claims the better... ;-)

Top Bottom