X truck decks, junk or what?

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I am looking a picking up a sled deck, I have been a little bias to some of the brand name decks, such as marathon, STF, and Cross tracks decks. looking on kijiji i saw this X Truck Deck availability at Coopers RV. I have never heard of this deck or have i ever dealt with Coopers Rv, just wondering if anybody know about these decks and there reliability/ availability of parts. I use the deck in the summer for two quads and a holiday trailer, and in the winter for some mountain sleds behind a 07 GM 3/4 ton short box. any info would be helpful

Attachments

• innovations.jpg
    innovations.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 447
  • Comparisons.jpg
    Comparisons.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Features.jpg
    Features.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 439

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have looked at them and they 'look' really good, the price was pretty decent at well. I cannot find any information about the manufacturer, did call a dealer, and he wouldnt confirm but 'hinted' that they were overseas knock-offs. I am trying to rig up another right now for the snowcat, will likely try one.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen one this winter, the only issue i could se with it is the pedastals were kinda small and were pushing through the floor of the guys toyota. he had to put a larger plate under it to stop it. otherwise they looked ok. decent price for sure when you shop and compare. cost to build mine was around 1000 bucks for materials. including lights etc. so i think anything in the 2g mark is a pretty good price for a deck.
keep an eye on the corners of the deck when trailering though, sometimes thay might get a litle too close to the trailer for comfort. just sayin, not speaking from expieience or anything.:rolleyes:

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these as well. Thanks for the headsup on the pedistals. I was wondering about that when I was looking at them.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought 1 from coopers, got a free vegas trip too and 2 gopros for almost 1/2 price. the quality is great the welds are good on it too. the rear feet are kind skinny but are not pushing through on my 3/4 chevy. all i haul with is are 2 can am quads so 1400-1500 lbs. i just waterproofed all the electrical connections before i hit the road with it as they are exposed... ramp is good quality too

i did talk with don from grassland about these and he said he wouldnt sell them if they were ch!t, but they are made in china

i can load this deck myself and load the quads myself in about 20-30 mins

grizzlydave

Reaction score
Did you find those ramps to be really heavy or what? they sure are the beefiest ramps i have ever seen, and the eyelet tie downs on the deck must be 1/2 in aluminum they are huge. and those legs do look pretty skinny good call, nothing a chunk of plywood won't fix.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find those ramps to be really heavy or what? they sure are the beefiest ramps i have ever seen, and the eyelet tie downs on the deck must be 1/2 in aluminum they are huge. and those legs do look pretty skinny good call, nothing a chunk of plywood won't fix.

they are a bit heavy but i manage to move them around by myself, i just load them under the deck upside down and unfold it standing up so its easy. but im glad its a strong ramp

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I'v been keeping my eye on kijiji and think it;s down to two, A 2009 cross trax deck used but in brand new shape, used once and only for quads. and this x tuck deck, I like the bolt together construction of the deck, beefy parts and the composite decking but the cross trax deck has a good history as being one of the most reliable decks and if i ever upgrade to a toy hauler i think it may be easier to sell the cross trax. what do you think?

Top Bottom