X packages still available?

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new ride but I'm up in the air whether to take a chance with a first year design and stick with cat or try switching over to doo for a couple years...not really loyal to any brand because they each have their advantages...so just checking around to see what my options are - Anyone know if there are any X packages in a 163 still floating around out there available for purchase around Edmonton & Area? If not, what are the differences between the X and the non X?

Thanks

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X has upgraded shocks, gauge, and graphics.
If you are looking for a 163, you can only get the etec with a x.

sent from a phone

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that you do not have to get an "x" package to get a 163 etec. They are available in the SP model as well and there really is not much difference from the X to the SP but the SP is a few thousand cheaper than the X. Not worth the extra 2k to get the x package in my opinion.

onebaduke

Reaction score
I agree with 08154xp, don't think the xtra cash is worth it for the "X". I picked up a new non-curret 2011 163" at Martin Motorsports in Edmonton and it was pretty good deal quite a bit less than the 2012.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X package has a "cooler" handle bar package, and a black powder coated tunnel, do not worry about the shocks, cause the x package although rebuildable, still have no external compression or rebound adjusters so they are throw aways too imo

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked and didn't like the SP's....don't understand why the X isn't available all season...I understand the need to entice people to buy early but it should be done with freebies or more warranty or something...don't like that I can't choose a machine before I see the exact one I would take home...Oh well, I'm sure cat appreciates the sale they just got an hour ago. Here's to a good season no matter what you ride :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that you do not have to get an "x" package to get a 163 etec. They are available in the SP model as well and there really is not much difference from the X to the SP but the SP is a few thousand cheaper than the X. Not worth the extra 2k to get the x package in my opinion.

2k? It's more like $700. Msrp on a 163x is $14149 and msrp on an SP is $13399. With the x this year you got 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. On an SP now you only get 3 year engine warranty. Better shocks,bars, billet throttle lever, nicer seat, powdercoared tunnel plus all the perks, rebates of being a platinum club member with the x. That is worth $700 in my opinion guys.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2k? It's more like $700. Msrp on a 163x is $14149 and msrp on an SP is $13399. With the x this year you got 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. On an SP now you only get 3 year engine warranty. Better shocks,bars, billet throttle lever, nicer seat, powdercoared tunnel plus all the perks, rebates of being a platinum club member with the x. That is worth $700 in my opinion guys.
I was able to pick up a left over X 163. I paid exactly $1150.00 more for the X than the Sp but all the upgrades aside that 3 yr bumper to bumper is what makes it worth it. Last season I paid $4600.00 to put a new short block in my 08

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest plus to the X is the painted tunnel. The snow doesn't stick to it as much as the bare aluminum.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also notice, as a dealer, that the X has the "curb appeal". When I have to tell customers that I have no X's left, and I cant get one, they are just so bummed. I would love to say "Yes", and what else do you want on it ? This season, more than ever, it really paid off for the consumer to snow check. As Kenny mentioned, you get much better warranty, and way nice bar and control package, wizzy painted tunnel and depending on your opinion, better shocks( Freeride series in unreal BTW). Also, dealers really want those snow check deals so you usually get a better deal. Anyhow, happy sledding. I cant speak for other dealers, but I was sold out of my abandoned X's and Freerides(those are like hen's teeth) by early November, that has never happened in my 10 years in the biz.

Top Bottom