X Deck

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these decks for a couple years.
How do the welds and powder coating last.
Composite wood deck is coated so has there been any coating peeling.

Just checking as it is a made in China deck. Price is right with the extension.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a good sled deck review thread. I think it's in the tow vehicle section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used one for a couple years, wasn't powder coated though, but the only issues I had was with the wiring , they use some cheap butt connectors along the sides that rust out quickly, I just ended up cutting them out and soldering everything up nicely, the welds held together great and looked good when I sold it, I never had an issue with the wood coating as I put superglides on before a sled was ever on it, didn't have any chips when I sold it, the only other thing I did was put suprglides on the ramp, the ramps comes with little pads on each rung, but the carbides chew them off in hurry. It was a good deck for a good price.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like my x deck . The different ramp design works really well . You can literally stop half way up the ramp and start again . Plus the ramp is extra beefy . Much better than telescopic ramps imo . Yes wire connectors could be better . Decking works well and no weld issues .

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have one, elec connections suck as mentioned but is easily fixed, nice long ramp,,,,, but a pain in the ass for one guy to unfold, my decking is curling up but top layer is still there, bought the deck used so I can't say how old or what was done with it. No cracked welds.... It works....

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I was 4500 ish by the time i got mine in the truck with xglides on the whole thing two front superclamps and extension, so not cheap by any stretch. Havent had issues with it, other than cheap wiring and connectors. The one thing i did to mine was seal everything that could leak or be damged with water. So i used outdoor rated black silicone and covered all the cut edges of the plywood, i run it down the joints where the sheets meet each other, the edges where it goes into the metal sides basically anywhere i though water could get in and start rotting it away. The marine board they use seems good but kinda stupid the edges are left untreated other than maybe some black paint.I really hate when the edges of the decking get all swollen and start rotting it looks terrible.i noticed now i am starting to get a few small cracks here and there but this is its third season now. All in all i like it, no powder coat issues either other than where the skiis hit the headache rack but thats avoidable. One thing i remember is when i first got it, the ramp was seized solid, i could not unfold it for nothing! I sprayed it good with WD40, Thinking it was at least worth a shot, and to my surprise it compleatly freed it up,and its been good since.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I was 4500 ish by the time i got mine in the truck with xglides on the whole thing two front superclamps and extension, so not cheap by any stretch. Havent had issues with it, other than cheap wiring and connectors. The one thing i did to mine was seal everything that could leak or be damged with water. So i used outdoor rated black silicone and covered all the cut edges of the plywood, i run it down the joints where the sheets meet each other, the edges where it goes into the metal sides basically anywhere i though water could get in and start rotting it away. The marine board they use seems good but kinda stupid the edges are left untreated other than maybe some black paint.I really hate when the edges of the decking get all swollen and start rotting it looks terrible.i noticed now i am starting to get a few small cracks here and there but this is its third season now. All in all i like it, no powder coat issues either other than where the skiis hit the headache rack but thats avoidable. One thing i remember is when i first got it, the ramp was seized solid, i could not unfold it for nothing! I sprayed it good with WD40, Thinking it was at least worth a shot, and to my surprise it compleatly freed it up,and its been good since.

Thanks for the thorough review - wide varying opinions except on the wireing. Base structure responses are that it is solid. BN with glides and front clamps is down to about $3300 unassembled (standard distributor pricing now). Thats the reason i was looking. I like Thompsons water seal on any weather exposed wood. Water beads for many years if you saturate the wood but nothing else will stick very well after that.
I am going to saturate what ever brand I buy.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one for sale, used for 5 seasons. Other then the above stated issues, I had one weld eyelet break off ( wouldn't winch a quad down to them in my opinion). Welded gussets would be an improvement for the two eyelets up front. The side load bars make it nice to load two quads.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thorough review - wide varying opinions except on the wireing. Base structure responses are that it is solid. BN with glides and front clamps is down to about $3300 unassembled (standard distributor pricing now). Thats the reason i was looking. I like Thompsons water seal on any weather exposed wood. Water beads for many years if you saturate the wood but nothing else will stick very well after that.
I am going to saturate what ever brand I buy.

That seem rather expensive unassembled, I have seen them down to $2200 assembled no clamps. For the price you are quoted why not a crosstrax?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seem rather expensive unassembled, I have seen them down to $2200 assembled no clamps. For the price you are quoted why not a crosstrax?

$2600 is the black deck with flip out extension. The rest is for super glide and super clamps and sliding in box tray.

Top Bottom