X Deck in 2010 Ram 3500

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all. So I bought a X deck from my dad as he purchased a longer one. I got the back end of it bolted through the box no problem. The front looks like its going to be a headache. The holes seem to line up along the center of the front cross-member. The front cross-member is boxed in on the underside. Anyone else run into this issue? Im wondering how im going to get a nut inside on the back of the bolt. At this point a backing plate seems completly out of the question. Ive thought about potentially drilling another hole say 4-6" back and running a piece of stock forward essentailly only holding it down. Id way ratherbbolt the actual front leg down. BUT I really dont want to drop the fuel tank to get up in there to notch the cross member.

any ideas guys?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turnbuckles the only answer here. Same issue on my dodge, unless you get a larger plate welded to the bottom of the leg to move the placement over from the crossmember. Decks been on for 5 yrs, hasnt moved with turnbuckles.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iceman...im thinking you are right. I like your idea to welda plate to drop the hole further back. I might end up going that route...

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iceman...im thinking you are right. I like your idea to welda plate to drop the hole further back. I might end up going that route...

Hope you didnt drill before looking under the box like i did, every swear in the book! Got a drain hole now in the box. Another thing would be to get an bit extention and run a longer bolt through the crossmember. Seems like a lot of work though. When all the decks started out they all turnbuckled to the pockets anyways.

Top Bottom