Wth? HCR Odometer Issues

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 HCR.....went for a ride today with 971miles on the odometer(I looked before I left knowing that I would hit 1000+ on this run)and when it rolled over the zero turned into a 8 and it now reads 1830miles....that is messed up! Anyone ever hear of such a thing? My sled just depriciated 2 grand in less than a minute.Not cool..... buddy suggested that it might fix itself when it goes to 1100....but I'm wondering if it will read 19????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no way to know. looks like the rollers hung up. i'll go book value less $2500 now

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you switch from miles to kms? Or maybe switched it to RPM so it was saying your were idling at 1830?

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When was it dealer serviced last? Only was I can see anyone fixing it is if it just came out of the stealer and they know how many miles on it

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its definetly in miles not RPM.....and it hasn't been to a dealer since last years 500 mile check up. This is BS....why would something so minor end up costing me money in the long run? I had plans of trading it for a 2012....now I gotta bend over and take it in the hoop!:(

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you could try putting another 100 miles on it and see what shakes out?

I dont know what to tell you man, let us know what happens.

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope your speedo fixes itself. hows the snow in Athabasca??. going to be home on thurs night an hopen to go for ride.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
The scam/scum artists rip people off by buying low mile speedos from wrecked sleds and installing them in highmiler sleds.

Suggest you may wish to buy a new speedo or a used speedo with same miles as you had?

Ted

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope your speedo fixes itself. hows the snow in Athabasca??. going to be home on thurs night an hopen to go for ride.

The snow is great. We headed up around the peace river trail yesterday and found a bunch of untouched lines. The wife is due in two days, so who knows when I'll see another 70 miles on the sled?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is I never touch the tripmeter and it's reading 1031! Plus the hour meter is reading 52hrs.

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chadwik must be a bad odometer. should be under warranty. good luck with the new baby. hopfully i get in a good week of riding while im @home thanks for the snow update. new to riding the area so if you have any good spots please let me know thanks.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The scam/scum artists rip people off by buying low mile speedos from wrecked sleds and installing them in highmiler sleds.

Suggest you may wish to buy a new speedo or a used speedo with same miles as you had?

Ted

does that work on a digital speedo, i know on a cable operated sled thats the scam. i thought the info was in the computer, on the digital speedo?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so changing speedo will not change reading on odometer? i meant ecm sorry.

Top Bottom