WTF is up with used sled prices??

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
So, I'm looking to upgrade the Mrs' ride and have been actively looking for a '04-07 Renegade 600. So far, what I have found has quite high mileage in the 4-6000 range and asking price is anywhere from $5k to $7k :confused: On what planet do these guys think they can get that type of cash for a sled with that type of mileage when the price should be $4k to $5k max for a high mileage unit? Or am I the one that is out to lunch??

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some where some one will pay it. cars no different, everyone thinks what they are selling is worth it. guess its a sellers market. but I hear ya there. I bought my 1000 CF used. it was 2yrs old, had 1800km on it. I paid $6700.00

all the ones I've sold had over 7000kms on them, all less then $3000.00.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree looking to upgrade kids sled and anything 600 class there asking more than what i just sold my 08 XP for.

rizzman

Reaction score
A friend of mine just purchased an 09 600 Summit etec. 2800miles $5600. I thought that was a little steep, but it sure runs nice and strong.

Electric start only. That doesn't have anything to do with price of course. I had no idea such a thing existed. Dumb idea IMO.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+1, some brand new sleds may be found for around 7k if you look hard. Some dealers getting rid of old models, buying used summit for 7k doesn't make any sense to me.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think about it, 2 years ago you could get a used sled for cheap, we had no snow! This year there is more snow in ome area's that they haven't seen in about 5 years. Everyone wants a sled so it's a sellers market!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think about it, 2 years ago you could get a used sled for cheap, we had no snow! This year there is more snow in ome area's that they haven't seen in about 5 years. Everyone wants a sled so it's a sellers market!

x2 plus anyone lookin for smaller displacement sleds usually want em for their wife/kids and there don't seem to be as many available as the 800's. High demand and low supply means higher prices.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 plus anyone lookin for smaller displacement sleds usually want em for their wife/kids and there don't seem to be as many available as the 800's. High demand and low supply means higher prices.

Pretty much sums it up.
You can get a killer deal on a turbo sled though.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that sleds are more reasonably priced in SK and BC, if you don't mind taking a bit of a drive maybe you can find one a little better priced. I'll be in the market for something different this off-season and I'll be keeping an eye on the Kijiji outside of AB.

Though, like Shadam said in another thread, Kijiji is usually on the higher end of resale. Everyone puts what they have on there for more than it's worth hoping for the right buyer to come along. Sometimes it works to put the feelers out in your riding group and maybe one of them will know a guy who's wife has an uncle and his kid's buddy has a mint 600 for ya :beer:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the last 8 months watching like a hawk for a few year old 600 Polaris trail sled. Pretty sure we are going to end up snow checking instead, because there is no financial reason to buy used right now.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600's always seem to command a premium. Just get her an 800 and put a wedge behind the flipper lol.

Reactions: RXN

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600's always seem to command a premium. Just get her an 800 and put a wedge behind the flipper lol.

I found the same thing last spring when I finally talked the wife into replacing her sled. Ended up buying her a low mileage 800 for quite a bit less money. She doesn't need an 800, but it's a better spare for me! :D

Dakine879

Reaction score
For my 2 cents, I agree with the previous posts : all the snow we have received this year has raised the used sled prices...but still, I just upgraded to a 2011 M8 sno pro for $7500....compared to $16,000 for a brand new sled XM i priced out at local skidoo dealer....the M8 is more than what i require for local creek riding, and i can go up to the mountains next year if it doesn't snow like it has this year... Anyways my view is that i would not receive double the value from a brand new Skidoo (or other brands) than the M8... and that is an individual judgment.....

Price is what you pay....Value is what you get....

Anyways...Have fun enjoying all the snow!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For my 2 cents, I agree with the previous posts : all the snow we have received this year has raised the used sled prices...but still, I just upgraded to a 2011 M8 sno pro for $7500....compared to $16,000 for a brand new sled XM i priced out at local skidoo dealer....the M8 is more than what i require for local creek riding, and i can go up to the mountains next year if it doesn't snow like it has this year... Anyways my view is that i would not receive double the value from a brand new Skidoo (or other brands) than the M8... and that is an individual judgment.....

Price is what you pay....Value is what you get....

Anyways...Have fun enjoying all the snow!
$16000? Look around. Not everyone is raping the public. Good deal on the M8 though.:beer:

Dakine879

Reaction score
Most definitely i wasn't quoted the best price.... I just walked into the dealership off the street and have never done business there before so i'm assuming the real price would have been $1,000 less....maybe more?? i'm not 100% sure.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some deals out there but have to be at the right place at the right time .
I bought a 2012 XP etec 163x with new track and top end for $7500.
3100 Kms .

Not mint but it's used.
Same as you guys I would by new before I paid what some are asking and getting .
Good for seller.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Well, that is just what I did. Yesterday, I thought I would put the mrs.'99 fan cooled indy trail in kijiji yesterday to see what I would be offered. I could not believe it when i had a pile of emails with offers anywhere from $3k to 3500. Needless to say, I got $3500 for it, turned around and found a straight and healthy '04 summit 800 144" that is my current avatar. Unreal what people are willing to pay for older sleds these days..But I guess there are still deals to be had. Just have to look a little harder..

Top Bottom