Wrong Heavy Hitters

Shawert

Reaction score
I ordered the wrong weight heavy hitters for my 2014 RMK Assault. Does anyone know if I can grind them down to get less weight and more adjustment. I am only pulling 7800 RPM with no weight on the heavy hitters and would like to drop them about 8 grams or so to fine tune. Where is the best place to remove the material. Looks like lighter heavy hitters are just thinner in the area where the weight is added. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heading to Golden tomorrow and don't have time to wait for new weights.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of guys custom grinding weights, do a search of how to do it. Where the weight is on the weight (toe or heal) will change the way it shifts and how it shifts. And make sure you have a really good scale so you don't have a balance issue! Half a gram at 8200rpm = to lost of vibration

Fast6seccamaro

Reaction score
8g is alot to grind off. I would just get the right set. I have a set in my cat and the heavy hitters work awesome. What's the base weight of those, im looking for a set for my poo-poo

SRXtreme

Reaction score
If you grind them only remove material from the sides, thus not affecting the shift profile. But like said above 8 grams is a lot................SRXtreme

Top Bottom