wow, Dec 1 tomorrow

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow must be nice fernie snow, maybe you should give up these secret spots you seem to have. Isn't this what this community is for? You know one day you might want to head out somewhere else to ride and ask for some guidance and you might get back what you have been shelling out.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wow must be nice fernie snow, maybe you should give up these secret spots you seem to have. Isn't this what this community is for? You know one day you might want to head out somewhere else to ride and ask for some guidance and you might get back what you have been shelling out.

I think I have given out more than my share! I will and doo give out a lot of spots but not the "secret spots"; just too many poachers out there that don't give a r+tsass about anything....doo you think the guys in Revy have secret spots? You darn right they do and they should have so they can enjoy some peaceable back-country without 100's of sleds bugging them....I'm not too worried about what you think I'm shelling out as I'm pretty sure I treat perfect strangers quite well.....:xmas2004_15:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thread is a waste of time yet people take time to respond...meh..... :p

I have to say I am always thankful for Fernie's info on the East Kootenays. I hadn't even ridden Fernie/Sparwood until this year and with a little more snow, even the well known areas will be great. I'm still trying to find this way South of Fernie spot, but I have an idea where it is.

Now Fernie maybe you should stop bragging about your 10+ days of riding and its not even Dec 1st. :beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The thread is a waste of time yet people take time to respond...meh..... :p

I have to say I am always thankful for Fernie's info on the East Kootenays. I hadn't even ridden Fernie/Sparwood until this year and with a little more snow, even the well known areas will be great. I'm still trying to find this way South of Fernie spot, but I have an idea where it is.

Now Fernie maybe you should stop bragging about your 10+ days of riding and its not even Dec 1st. :beer:

I didn't start the thread to create a stir....just a minor clarification, when I started it and the title reflects it......I used the word tomorrow!!!

I wasn't really bragging just throwing a dig at all the "arm chair wannabee's" who sit and whine and say there is no snow or the snow isn't deep enough yet!! We have quite a few of those in Elkford and for any of the locals who ask "how's the snow?", after they see the sled on my deck all covered in snow, I tell them, "the trail sucks; lots of rocks, no base up top, not deep enough yet, it's too early, etc."

We are really impressed with how few riders are using the area and it has been a great start to what looks like a stellar year but there are a few things in the snow pack that could turn ugly depending on temperatures.

With regards to "way south of Fernie", if one knows the area even a little bit, there aren't too many spots that it could be. Even if one was close, the riding would be awesome.....:xmas-smiley-018:

PS thanks for the accolades regarding the east Koot's

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are really impressed with how few riders are using the area and it has been a great start to what looks like a stellar year but there are a few things in the snow pack that could turn ugly depending on temperatures.

I would agree with this statement. We were out your way on Saturday (west of fernie) and there was a rain crust about a half a foot, to a foot down. Looked like a pane of glass when you pulled it out of the snow, and was a couple cms thick. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Heres to more good times... :d

gorpet

Reaction score
I was wondering if the Trail from Fernie to Hosmer is ridable yet?, my cousin says it isn't but then she probably just doesn't want me showing at her house, why I don't know I always show up with enough beer for Darald and I.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Trail from Fernie to Hosmer is ridable yet?, my cousin says it isn't but then she probably just doesn't want me showing at her house, why I don't know I always show up with enough beer for Darald and I.

Sorry, not even close...there is no snow in the valley bottom....

powderhound08

Reaction score
Rode up to the notch on saturday and had tons of fun, a few hazards but sleddin in nov come on how cool is this. Rode a 1 1/2 feet of fresh with a decent base. Lets all get along boys, as we all love the real updates. Oh ya and if you have secret stashes I say keep them, and if you look you too can find them. Keep the updates comin Fernie. Yes the rolling hills are coming along nicely too.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't start the thread to create a stir....just a minor clarification, when I started it and the title reflects it......I used the word tomorrow!!!

I wasn't really bragging just throwing a dig at all the "arm chair wannabee's" who sit and whine and say there is no snow or the snow isn't deep enough yet!! We have quite a few of those in Elkford and for any of the locals who ask "how's the snow?", after they see the sled on my deck all covered in snow, I tell them, "the trail sucks; lots of rocks, no base up top, not deep enough yet, it's too early, etc."

With regards to "way south of Fernie", if one knows the area even a little bit, there aren't too many spots that it could be. Even if one was close, the riding would be awesome.....:xmas-smiley-018:

PS thanks for the accolades regarding the east Koot's

Yeah I hope you didn't take my post out of context. I am certainly jealous that you have had the amount of riding you have already! Really bragging and throwing a dig towards people differs by a very thin line! ;)

I certainly would like the chance to explore more of the Fernie area. I am familar with everything from Sparwood/Elkford to Elko and Baynes but thats when there is no snow! I haven't sled much through there.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom