Wow $20 bucks for trail pass

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i CAN'T BELEIVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT $20 trail pass. even if trail is a little rough. I've been riding for alot of years' before they ever groomed. Now those were rough trails but we did it because we love to ride in great snow and hills. These clubs should stop grooming for about two months then see how you would like it. You in your $20000 truck, $10000 trailer, then get on your 1500 suit with all avy gear and jump on your 11000 sled. Some with 7000 upgrade. Booze rooms gas break all that down per day and it is about 1500 per day of riding. BUT $20 for a groomed or slightly groomed trail cabin with heat and a rescue if need be is just to much
STAY THE HELL HOME AND HELP CLEAN HOUSE

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i CAN'T BELEIVE PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT $20 trail pass. even if trail is a little rough. I've been riding for alot of years' before they ever groomed. Now those were rough trails but we did it because we love to ride in great snow and hills. These clubs should stop grooming for about two months then see how you would like it. You in your $20000 truck, $10000 trailer, then get on your 1500 suit with all avy gear and jump on your 11000 sled. Some with 7000 upgrade. Booze rooms gas break all that down per day and it is about 1500 per day of riding. BUT $20 for a groomed or slightly groomed trail cabin with heat and a rescue if need be is just to much
STAY THE HELL HOME AND HELP CLEAN HOUSE

Sorry, moved from the Koots. Used to breaking trail not paying for a "groomed" one. Been riding for 14 yrs on alot of BUMPY roads just to get to the top. This is just the first year I've ever had to pay for it.
Thanks but the house is pretty clean, I think I'll just ride.
P.S. I think your math is a little off, we don't travel for snow in BC.:d

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I read the title i thought you were going to go in the opposite direction and complain. I'm glad to see that thats not what this thread is about.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's not the trail fee, it's the parking situation. Some people need to shut up and enjoy the day of riding or stay at home and go to work. There is way to many suck tits out there.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchase a membership every year and am glad to see trail pass collections at the trail head.Too many cheap azzes like to get away without paying.The more they collect the cheaper it is for a membership

russ

Reaction score
yup. totally worth the 20 dollars. when it's groomed. moguls over a foot high
for 80% of the distance in. maybe 10 dollars.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
yup. totally worth the 20 dollars. when it's groomed. moguls over a foot high
for 80% of the distance in. maybe 10 dollars.

IMHO a groomed trail can remain relatively mogul free much longer if the tracks that run over it remain at a relatively steady speed.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you look at a few places that put up cabins, have patrols and groom trails, well worth the investment on a trail/seasons pass. especially when these cabins have saved some people from spending a night in terrible conditions. like mentioned above, we spend umpteen thousands of dollars on our toys, whats the big deal about a trail pass.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it matter where you go, there are always whinners.

Saw a good on a few weekago at our local spot. A large goup comes in close to 30 of them +- for there little boozin day, (some little event that the were doing for someone). A good part of them were at one of the main ways up and didnt want to pay, (if they ask for a group rate they may have got it) so they drive down the road alittle farther cause a bunch of them know another way up where nobody is collecting. One complete crap show for parking. Myself and a few buds that are paying members of the club go up our special way that hooks up with the same way all these people are going up and run into them ONE BIG STUCK FEST with all these noobs.... where if the paid and went the right way the should have gone with all those beginers.

These cheap people make me sick, the fees are not just for the grooming, there up keep cost to those cabins that you are using, insurance, the cost of keeping a club going....etc.. One big one if there is no more club (For us) we loose our snowmobiling area, making it open for another group to snag up ie heli skiers ....
So your $20 bucks is pretty cheap for a place you get to have a day of fun..

butthead

Reaction score
gov user fee is all that is
has nothing to do with the snowmobile clubs
no collect fee
no grant money
thank you libs
gordon what ever his name
you must leave office

RideHigher

Reaction score
A little eye opener for those that think 20.00 is to much !

Having groomed 20 - 30 km of trail for the past 3 seasons with our BR 400 snowcat iv gotten a pretty good idea of what it costs and how quickly people start complaining when the trail gets a little rough even though they don't have to pay !

With diesel being 118.9 / L and a thirsty 8.3 Cummings your looking at 150.00 - 200.00 / pass. Ok so if 10 riders pay there 20.00 we have the fuel covered, sounds good if you look at it that way. Look at the big picture though. Snowcat $60,000 - $120,000 for one in good shape. Tires which wear out sooner than later. 700.00 each ( i know i just bought 4 of them ) Track cleats 140.00 each, yes they do break form time to time. Hydrolic hoses, bearings, belts, oil changes the list goes on and by no means are these machines low maintenance.

Next time you pass someone 20.00 bucks for your trail pass have a good look at there groomer as you ride by and do the math on how many 20's its going to take to keep that thing running for a season.

TMAC

Reaction score
Hey Pete...the trip up there is well worth the money...I'm with you, if all a guy is gonna do is bitch and whine, then stay the hell home. The trail attendant doesn't want to hear it. These clubs offer up some nice perks for us outta prov. guest to come and enjoy the terrain. Go back east for a trip and let's here the whinen' then. They nickel & dime the ch!t outta ya!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they would charge $40 and have someone walk around the parking lot all day to keep the theives from breaking into trucks! My $.02

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they would charge $40 and have someone walk around the parking lot all day to keep the theives from breaking into trucks! My $.02

For those who don't like the 20 dollars stay home and whine I would prefer less people on the mountains

Top Bottom