Would you still go?

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear people die in avalanches, no more sledding or skiing for me. I hear planes crash and people die, no more flying for me. I hear people die on the hwy, no more driving for me. I hear drinking and smoking is bad for me and i could die. Anything we do has some danger to it, take precautions, use common sense , be aware of your surroundings and dont be a dick, these things should alleviate a lot of problems. I myself am not going to live in fear and stop doing things i enjoy.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you but, when you going sledding in extreme avalanche conditions you choose your terrain accordingly. I’m trying to choose my terrain carefully. When you go sledding there is usually a few good friends to help you out. This case it’s just me and my wife. At this point I’m leaning towards going, my wife is 50/50. I agree we seem to get warned about everything now a days.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BlueBay is one of resorts that had tainted tequila.

Attachments

• 3642BA4A-D9DF-469A-9B63-2126C52A741C.jpeg
    3642BA4A-D9DF-469A-9B63-2126C52A741C.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 9F8F2CFD-1CCE-4CC0-9C3A-224D4792CB73.jpeg
    9F8F2CFD-1CCE-4CC0-9C3A-224D4792CB73.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 199

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think at an ALL Inclusive resort there giving you top shelf booze. This is a third world country, they have very relaxed laws. I’m not even sure what they feed to you is real chicken.
boose is what we all go to an all inclusive for, we think we are going to get our moneys worth and drink them into the poor house.
oops I guess they just got one up on us....mmmm premium washer fluid drinks!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you but, when you going sledding in extreme avalanche conditions you choose your terrain accordingly. I’m trying to choose my terrain carefully. When you go sledding there is usually a few good friends to help you out. This case it’s just me and my wife. At this point I’m leaning towards going, my wife is 50/50. I agree we seem to get warned about everything now a days.

Make the wife wear an avi pack and carrier a hand gun, you’ll be good to go and I’m sure know one will even notice.

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We really like Mexico and have visited all parts many times.

I would still go.

I want to retire in Mexico and lay on the beach and be useless
wife and I want the same, but mex or DQ so for now try and semi retire 6 and 6 lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drink whiskey... they have no whisky there..

You heaR ONE secluded case, then next thing you know, the whole country is poisoning the tourists....

I know for a fact... Don't drink the water.. I got very ill from some lettuce rinsed in the local water..

You have a better chance of getting killed in a city of 2 million than in Mexico.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like others said a big part of it is common sense. Never had a problem there, but it was quite a few years ago. While i'm certain some of the druggings are real, many are just idiots drinking way too much, seen that plenty. I think young women do need to be a lot more careful there, but guys going, I wouldn't be worried. IMO the extra money spent on a nicer resort is worth it. Their bars are safer then here. No fights or stabbings there. I'd rather go other places now, but it's a decent cheap vacation.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a well seasoned traveller for both business and pleasure I would have no issues taking my family there. Found more "danger' in Thailand than I ever came close to in Mexico. However, I must say their booze is watered down as it takes twice as much for me to get a buzz than at home :cool:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to Mexico once had a great time. Never felt unsafe. But now I think about it I think I got tainted tequila! After a dozen or more shots I was slurring my words and walking funny!

I would go still. If you go and not look for trouble you won’t find it. You don’t here about the hundreds of thousands of people that go there and have a great time because that makes for a bad news story.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a well seasoned traveller for both business and pleasure I would have no issues taking my family there. Found more "danger' in Thailand than I ever came close to in Mexico. However, I must say their booze is watered down as it takes twice as much for me to get a buzz than at home :cool:

I have read this all and kinda wonder what resorts people have been staying at.

Our last trip down to Mexico was in Sept for a friend's wedding. We stayed at the paradisus playa del carmen . Beautiful place, amazing food and top notch service. At every resort I have been to I would suspect the pool side drinks to be watered down especially in Hawaii. But every Mexican resort I've been to I have personally witnessed them opening bottles from new with the plastic wrap still on them.

Seems to be a few misconceptions here. To say there is no whiskey is false . We drank Canadian club, crown royal ANF wisers for two weeks straight.

Never had a bad experience there and fact of the matter is unfortunately something like this can happen anywhere in the world even here in this fake safety bubble we call Canada.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read this all and kinda wonder what resorts people have been staying at.

Our last trip down to Mexico was in Sept for a friend's wedding. We stayed at the paradisus playa del carmen . Beautiful place, amazing food and top notch service. At every resort I have been to I would suspect the pool side drinks to be watered down especially in Hawaii. But every Mexican resort I've been to I have personally witnessed them opening bottles from new with the plastic wrap still on them.

Seems to be a few misconceptions here. To say there is no whiskey is false . We drank Canadian club, crown royal ANF wisers for two weeks straight.

Never had a bad experience there and fact of the matter is unfortunately something like this can happen anywhere in the world even here in this fake safety bubble we call Canada.

Oh be careful about the new bottles been open, ever seen slum dog millionaire ? Got drinking real cheap gray goose, we drank that stuff silly including the lady’s....no buzzz. Been back since and managed to chat with a few waiters. Got to partying and ask them to share some secrets lol, yah silly gringo mouth wash and a lilttle crazy glue. you think we open a new bottle just for you my friend.
just saying there no copyright down there, may taste close to what we drink at home but it’s Ka ka for the most part.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh be careful about the new bottles been open, ever seen slum dog millionaire ? Got drinking real cheap gray goose, we drank that stuff silly including the lady’s....no buzzz. Been back since and managed to chat with a few waiters. Got to partying and ask them to share some secrets lol, yah silly gringo mouth wash and a lilttle crazy glue. you think we open a new bottle just for you my friend.
just saying there no copyright down there, may taste close to what we drink at home but it’s Ka ka for the most part.

Their whole world revolves on tourism and I am sure there are some shady places but I'm pretty sure if everyone was getting ripped off no one would be going

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah sh$t will happen,no problems down here! been in Costa Rica and moved into panama now since April 1. Drugs are everywhere, have been asked so many times I thought I’d ask what I could buy a kilo of uncut coke for. It of course changes between guy to guy so I played the part, speaking Spanish also helps. $1500 a key wholesale...this is not something you want to get involved with. I can see why there is a power struggle In the biz. $1500 will net you upwards of $80k at home. Life is cheap and the cartels will not stop. Cash is king! We are all lucky to live in Canada, it’s a dog eat dog world down here. There are places that have good people down here too.

I have traveled and spent time over 5years on and off in Nicaragua south to panama, I stay clear of the trouble and live free. I love it down here and find the quiet areas to rest in.
Actually went on a tour into the north end foot hills of bocas where we looked into Pablo Escobar’s air field and casa from the 80s when him and Manuel Noriega ruled the roost.
sure there are some body’s buried out there....give me the willies walking in the foots steps of a natorious Narcos empire.

Top Bottom