worth the money?

brent n

Reaction score
so thinking about put the big red gears i my rincon and maybe a big bore to a 680 (its the 650) just wondering if its worth the cost quad is payed for no payments like the way it rides just be nice to be able to run bigger tires with out any worrys doing so and don't really want payments for the next 4 or 5 years on a new ride. anyone done this what were the results? worth the money is cost?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out of interest brent, how much cash would these mods cost ???

brent n

Reaction score
not sure wanted to get some thought on if worth while my guess probably 1000 if i do it myself not sure thou. think i will just run some bigger tires and deal with the power loss. not going huge just something like 27" bugs or mudlites

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is your Rincon and how many kilometers doess it have on it. Use it for mudding and/or skeg?

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that much cc.. your not going to see much at all... going more cc gives you more torque... but not much at all cause your not giving the motor more air in and your not getting the exhaust out quick enough to make much of a difference... I am with everyone else.. save the money and put towards a bike that has some good power to start with...

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In your garage you already have 1 Can Am, time to make it 2 Can Am's, that poor Honda is a great quad for nice paved trail, lol. I have seen a few modded, trans mod, front locker, etc. they really were expensive and didn't add much in the way of performance. Enjoy your rides, save your cash.

brent n

Reaction score
What year is your Rincon and how many kilometers doess it have on it. Use it for mudding and/or skeg?
its a 2003 has 5600kms i have never sunk it in the mud has played in it a few times has stock tires so no major mudding with it. never had a chance to ride it hard bought it in spetmember. as for buying a canam for myself not a fan only bought the wife on as the price was right from a co worker

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a 2003 has 5600kms i have never sunk it in the mud has played in it a few times has stock tires so no major mudding with it. never had a chance to ride it hard bought it in spetmember. as for buying a canam for myself not a fan only bought the wife on as the price was right from a co worker

stick with your honda if you want something that keeps running. might be better to add the tires and a 2 inch lift if it dosent already have it. they are not big on power or torque but if your not into mud bogging who cares. a friend of mine bought a can am and it has a hard time making it through the garage doors. he paid 8grand and has spent almost 5grand in repairs.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forget the big bore just do the gear reduction especially for bigger than stock tires. I had 28" on mine with the gear reduction and rev limit override it would hang with a grizz 700 all day long. Never should have sold it.

Tb

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I don't know how much a gear reduction would cost, But I was riding with a guy out by long island lake in the skeg, he had the the big red gears in his, It was a beast, he had 27 inch silverbacks. I think his top speed on a gravel road was 65 0r 75km a hour. took it everywhere his buddys modded brute whent. from what I saw its a huge improvement over stock if your into the muskeg.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With 28" Zillas my speedo would read 105kmh but it was out about 10%. I rode with a couple xmr's and went everywhere they did just not as quickly lol

brent n

Reaction score
With 28" Zillas my speedo would read 105kmh but it was out about 10%. I rode with a couple xmr's and went everywhere they did just not as quickly lol

not worried about my top speed as i mostly just ride with the family or mud trials that u can't open it up in anyway i jusr would like to be able to spin some 27'' mudbugs and know when i put it rack deep it will have the torque to spin the tires to free me.....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was me and my heart was set on a Rincon, I'd sell that '03 and buy a newer one that already has the 680 in it and do the BRGR in that one. Lots of good used around with less miles and in good shape for not too bad of a price.
I looked at them a couple years back and ended up buying a 650 Outlander instead because I didn't like the low power, non adjustable suspension and the trans scares me if you put it a little bit too deep water it's an expensive repair. For the casual family rider though, they are a great machine IMO.

Top Bottom