Workplace injuries

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Yeah I remember how long you suffered and healed to get mobile again!

Ya lol. It still bugs me to this day ,

Sounds gay but a handshake is almost the worst. Esp if the guy tries to squeeze the chit outta your hand

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a funny one, never try and catch a nail gun that is falling. If you do and your thumb goes on the trigger and it touches your boot the end result is a nail in your foot with no way to get your boot off. Ardox nails make it painfull, first you have to break loose the nail from the bone while twisting that ardox nail. You need a pry-bar and vise grips to get that dam nail out.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
this is a funny one, never try and catch a nail gun that is falling. If you do and your thumb goes on the trigger and it touches your boot the end result is a nail in your foot with no way to get your boot off. Ardox nails make it painfull, first you have to break loose the nail from the bone while twisting that ardox nail. You need a pry-bar and vise grips to get that dam nail out.

ouch!!! Lol

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
jesus.that would hurt
This is a funny one, never try and catch a nail gun that is falling. If you do and your thumb goes on the trigger and it touches your boot the end result is a nail in your foot with no way to get your boot off. Ardox nails make it painfull, first you have to break loose the nail from the bone while twisting that ardox nail. You need a pry-bar and vise grips to get that dam nail out.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
lol theres a guy shingling my roof right now..hes got a air nailer..i aint going no where near that bugger

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early in my career of framing houses I was partying with the guys got home at 6, my old man was already up having his coffee and I got the "get changed were going to work"

So I did got changed, jumped in the van had the old morning power snooze on the way to jobsite got to work at 7 shot myself at 7:15...should have stayed home...

Nailing up a window header so I was kneeling down had my finger on the trigger and took a step forward and ..bam.. through my femur behind the kneecap and into the fibia nailing my knee together...was a bad morning...

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ..... well , here goes .... dec 3 2013 ..... hauling a 55 foot long , 3 inch sch 80 riser over to x-ray ...... the guy in the back fell on the ice , as his end went down , my end came up smashing me in the nose , in shock I grabbed the pipe hoping it would not hit me again .... the operator of the machine panicked and pulled lever A instead of lever B....I went 25 feet up and was thrown 50 feet sideways ....... when I came to , I had a smashed nose , compound fracture of the left femur , broken left hip , both bones in left wrist , and a smashed right elbow..... 10 months later I still have 2 surgery's to go ... 1 for my nose and 1 on my elbow ....... CHEERS

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have full coverage, private room, Doctor and Nurse 24/7. Only problem is I'm fired as soon as I hit the floor !

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was 16 my cousin who decided to swat at a bee or wasp pulled the wrong leaver and hit me across the forehead with a hydraulic post pounder. There was a white flash and when I opened my eyes I was on my back looking at the clouds. I tried to get up but it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. My cousin was really good about it though... He said that I could take the rest of the afternoon off.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was 16 my cousin who decided to swat at a bee or wasp pulled the wrong leaver and hit me across the forehead with a hydraulic post pounder. There was a white flash and when I opened my eyes I was on my back looking at the clouds. I tried to get up but it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. My cousin was really good about it though... He said that I could take the rest of the afternoon off.

Wow I'd say your definitely lucky to be alive after that one

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm truly sorry for how much I laughed !
I always think the worst part is this poor bugger has to tell this story 5000x and to people you don't even know!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grit my teeth getting that dam nail out before anyone saw what I had done, as far as everyone was concerned I developed a limp for a couple of weeks. Let that dam nail gun just fall on the floor next time. I did tell my wife though.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grit my teeth getting that dam nail out before anyone saw what I had done, as far as everyone was concerned I developed a limp for a couple of weeks. Let that dam nail gun just fall on the floor next time. I did tell my wife though.

Tough bugger!! I had a framer tell me about how he took the safety off all his nail guns until he walked by it laying on the floor and shot his own foot !!

Top Bottom