won,t run

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 sportsman 400 ran fine trail riding yesterday washed it and know it onlyruns on choke take choke off it quits cheched air box no water matbe moister in the tank.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
runing only with choke usually means it starving for fuel. pull the carb and clean. make sure the pilot jet is clean sounds like its pluged. I thinks it just bad timing it happened after you washed it.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be water in the fuel. Drain the carb and the tank, put in some fresh fuel and try it.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how should i go about draining the tank do i drain it though the carb sorry about the questions.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can probaly take the fuel line off the carb and just let it drain. if its a rubber hose pinch it off befor you take it off the carb to save it from spaying everywhere. or if you like the taste of gas you can always sifon it out. also drain the fuel bowl while your at it on the bottom of the carb theres a screw on the bowl lossen it and catch the fuel that comes out in a clean container and you will be able to see if it has water in it.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will post back but not till the weekend have lots of home work from nait.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i,m on my last year of heavy duty mechanic still learning atv,s might take a small engine course.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So worked on the polaris today drained tank removed carb and cleaned out found some nasty ch!t in the carb and lines cleaned out fuel lines found the same stuff in my honda three wheeler so i cleaned the other 2 machines but ready for hunting know.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep they ran but thats twice bad fuel from entwhistle and from evensburg with the polaris if theres going to be a problem that machine will find it.thanks for all the advise and help.

Top Bottom