Women's Clinic

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I may be waaaay off base here, but I was looking at the Ladie's Ride website and some of Taminator's videos on Vimeo and daydreaming about being the best female sledder EVER. This is only my second full season of riding and every time I ride I try to work on something new- carving or climbing or something. It seems like I just get better at something and then it is 3 weeks before I can practice again. I know as a flatlander, by the time I make 4 or 5 trips to the mountains, sledding season is over and everything I am learning takes a backseat again... The season is so friggin' short it seems, unless you live close to the mountains.

So, I got to thinking it would be AMAZING to organize a women's riding clinic. Maybe find a few really good male and/or female riders and get them to take us out and eyeball jumps, drops, wheelies, carving, climbs etc., Just spend a whole day working our proverbial "sacs" off and "turning some tricks"... if you catch my drift??? Perhaps this is something we could organize in conjunction with the Ladies Ride in Revy on March 6th? I would like to come out and do some filming and photography, but why not do some learning too???

Would love to hear feedback and would be willing to help organize... :rolleyes:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With ya sledmamma...this is my third year and it's tough to learn if you can't get out regularly. We're fortunate to get out every weekend at least, but it's still hard to get enough seat time to really make a difference. This year for me is jumps/drops and wrong foot forward sidehills...last year was sidehills in general and power turns/countersteering...

We'll be setting up filming and stuff for the ladies ride for our women's video as some of our riders will be there that need some shoot time, but I'm sure there's a way of combining the two...might lead to some good footage...and some bloopers :eek:
We'll have some guys/gals that know their stuff there that can motivate others to try things...

ps...I'll have a pm coming to you later...got an offer for ya....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what you have in mind Tam :)

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to the Ladies Ride in Revy there will be lots of ladies available to help you learn new riding techniques in a fun environment. :cool:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I for one will nominate BOGGER to host a riding clinic........ :eek::d

All kidding aside my wife would agree with you ladies wholeheartedly about a riding clinic for the ladies.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like riding ladies clinics?

ooops that read wrong,,,, good idea,, hells with all theese ladies in Revy I will donate my services as the water boy and or stuck boy (I help u get out) and or the camera guy and or the guy who removes the hot tub cover for you ladies to get in,,, be like going to Jamaica with your personal bell man.. I will load the trailers, add fuel,, hey maybe even start the sleds in the am when they are cold...

huh what ya think everyone?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw in a few after ride massages for the ladies and maybe just maybe you might get an invite.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ooops that read wrong,,,, good idea,, hells with all theese ladies in Revy I will donate my services as the water boy and or stuck boy (I help u get out) and or the camera guy and or the guy who removes the hot tub cover for you ladies to get in,,, be like going to Jamaica with your personal bell man.. I will load the trailers, add fuel,, hey maybe even start the sleds in the am when they are cold...

Well, you sound handy to have around! You are hired!! The pay sucks, FYI!!

But seriously, I am gonna see if I can work on this for some of us ladies. First we will need to find someone willing to teach, and then throw around dates and location ideas. Honestly it would probably be a spring clinic, or even next year if we are starting this late. I will start sending out some emails to a few "names" in the biz and see what I come up with.

Let's throw the feelers out there to ladies who might be interested and skills they would like to see taught/practiced...

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, you sound handy to have around! You are hired!! The pay sucks, FYI!!

But seriously, I am gonna see if I can work on this for some of us ladies. First we will need to find someone willing to teach, and then throw around dates and location ideas. Honestly it would probably be a spring clinic, or even next year if we are starting this late. I will start sending out some emails to a few "names" in the biz and see what I come up with.

Let's throw the feelers out there to ladies who might be interested and skills they would like to see taught/practiced...

Amber Holt out of Idaho holds Women's Riding Clinics... Check out her website at .

I suck at teaching but I will try and help with pointers at the Ladies Ride if you like... :eek:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Throw in a few after ride massages for the ladies and maybe just maybe you might get an invite.

I think we will need some Cabana boys to make us Margaritas :D

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FAB! Count me in whatever we end up doing. In addition, I like the idea of us getting together in Revy for some practicing and some instruction...I think it could lead to some good blooper video :eek:

There will be a good handful of us...we could hook up one day to ride/motivate each other and learn from each other along the way. We all have some knowledge to share. I think by the end of the day, we'd all be chucking something big! (No, JT that was not directed at you in any way, shape or form....just in case you saw 'something big' and thought it referenced you....somehow;))

This is who is there...maybe we should hook up on Sunday???Amy won't be there Friday. If I missed someone..ooops. Plus we could have a few more, there would be a few cameras as well!

skinnybitch
sledmamma
ok13..gf
stephy
skadi
sledpiggy
tam

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FAB! Count me in whatever we end up doing. In addition, I like the idea of us getting together in Revy for some practicing and some instruction...I think it could lead to some good blooper video :eek:

There will be a good handful of us...we could hook up one day to ride/motivate each other and learn from each other along the way. We all have some knowledge to share. I think by the end of the day, we'd all be chucking something big! (No, JT that was not directed at you in any way, shape or form....just in case you saw 'something big' and thought it referenced you....somehow;))

This is who is there...maybe we should hook up on Sunday???Amy won't be there Friday. If I missed someone..ooops. Plus we could have a few more, there would be a few cameras as well!

skinnybitch
sledmamma
ok13..gf
stephy
skadi
sledpiggy
tam

Actually, I think we will come out Thursday night now :D Also add PowderPuff and Gromit to the list, I think...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think we will come out Thursday night now :D Also add PowderPuff and Gromit to the list, I think...

Right on! So we could do mini 'clinic' on Fri????

Gromit, PP...anyone else...let us know!

We have a few other girls there too that we'll be shooting for the vid! They may join up too. Guys will be with us that day, they can help motivate and film the carnage! Powderpuff did say awhile back she was good for the carnage shots in the vid LOL

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok!! I'm in! Cabana boy margaritas, massages and someone to unstuck me!! Who wouldn't???? :common001:

well I do make a mean margarita.....:d

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it??? :rolleyes:

I wonder what JT will do if we take him up on his offers??? ;)

it was a offer so I must stand by it... only for the ladies;)

JT, are you coming to be our Cabana Boy and part of the Team Orphaned Husbands for the Ladies Ride??? :d :p

I doo have the weekend off I believe,,,, is PB going????

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on! So we could do mini 'clinic' on Fri????

Gromit, PP...anyone else...let us know!

We have a few other girls there too that we'll be shooting for the vid! They may join up too. Guys will be with us that day, they can help motivate and film the carnage! Powderpuff did say awhile back she was good for the carnage shots in the vid LOL

I will be arriving Thursday night also... Mini Clinic on Friday, margaritas Friday night! I'm getting nervous :eek:

Top Bottom