Wish the manufacturer's would bring back the old ATC'S {trike}

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all , i wish they would bring back the old trike's {i believe the ban in the states expired in 1998 10 years ban }like the big red 250 es , atc 250 R 2-stroke's or the 350 x , i think it would be a blast maybe have the buyers sign a waiver to avoid lawsuit and stuff just my 2 cent's :twocents: for the day hmmmm.:cool:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all , i wish they would bring back the old trike's {i believe the ban in the states expired in 1998 10 years ban }like the big red 250 es , atc 250 R 2-stroke's or the 350 x , i think it would be a blast maybe have the buyers sign a waiver to avoid lawsuit and stuff just my 2 cent's :twocents: for the day hmmmm.:cool:

I never did understand that. Are they really that much more dangerouse than any other kind of ATV? I'm thinking that quads are just as dangerous, especially considering that the 4 wheels might give novice riders a false sense of confidence. I know one thing for sure - I'd rather have a beg red roll on me than an outlander.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy just picked up a mint big red 250 to go with his 250R and i am looking at a 250sx that has a seized piston to see what it would cost to get running as it is mint also.

Just for fun we will take them with us and maybe ride them on the sunday ride. Should be interesting and funny to see how they measure up to the big bore quads. My bet is they will suprise a few guys.

TB

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They might surprise some big machine's, cause they are so light compare to some of the tank's in the trails lol

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 1984 Honda Big Red and take it moose hunting. Don't usually have trouble going where the quads go and if I do, its light enough to get out myself. Its way more manoeuvrable in the bush as well.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
problem is in any rally situation they are no good because you can no longer insure them therfore can not register them and most rallys require insurance & reg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
my buddies 250R was STUPID fast and converted to twist throttle...scary machine..

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever try the 350X liquid cooled? Almost impossible to keep the front tire down. lol I am buying one of those if i ever get diagnosed with something terminal. Should speed things up.

TB

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever try the 350X liquid cooled? Almost impossible to keep the front tire down. lol I am buying one of those if i ever get diagnosed with something terminal. Should speed things up.

TB
the 4 stroke Honda 350X? I had an '86 350X, and an '85 250R...the 250R would destroy the 350X. the 350X wasn't liquid cooled tho, was an airhead.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trikes RULE !!!! I was able to insure and register my last Big Red that I had !!! My son-in-law is obsessed with trikes. He has owned,bought and sold every model of trike Honda ever made !!! He too insures and registers his trikes and rides them everywhere. (Usually with the front tire in the air !! LOL) He even had some wedding photos takein with my daughter ON HIS FAVORITE TRIKE !! LOL

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Must depend on the insurer, I've been told they are uninsurable for Liability

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost many a rubber boot playing with a 3-wheeler,.. also to this day I still think 6 people wasn't too many to carry and have fun :)

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do gooders doing good. The 35 year old ones are awesome, just think what a new one would be like if they kept building them.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score

TB

Why wait? I just picked up one this spring. Prime candidate for a full restoration. Just gotta get the 200x as well.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to go anywhere with my pops 250 Big Red, snow or mud, hills, didnt matter, I went. I had a yami 200E, was awesome for doin wheelies with.

Tho hills were a bit tricky on a trike for sure....

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke my first bone on a trike when i was like 7 and then my mom came within a few mm of paralization...the old man sold them after that. I agree with River Jet...they were banned for good reason. A trike with a 450 thumper...it would keep the bone surgeons busy that's for sure.

cuz they suck ! they tip over to easy and the average rider cant handle it

Top Bottom