Wisco Pistons

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the prox pistons ihave used were between 16 and 18 thou reccomended.and tighter you are supposed to file them back. i never set any clearances on the motors i do because i take the top ends to my machinist and he works his magic on the clearances and boring. im not sure what he sets the wisecos at all i know is he shaves them from what he gets from them. and they have always held 150psi even with shaving the rings.

i only check it when i get a bb from rkt because he doesnt do it.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wiesco pistons are a forged aluminum , stock are cast , forged expand more so you really have to make sure your clearances are rite .

this is the exact reason warm up is very important. When cold there is more piston slap until the engine is at operating temp

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go with mcb performance pistions....... my 2 ringers with caged bearings, and gaskets were 299.00 usd...... and they work and look awsome

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go with mcb performance pistions....... my 2 ringers with caged bearings, and gaskets were 299.00 usd...... and they work and look awsome

That's good to hear we just ordered a set and mono block from him for $1050 includes $300 core on block.

Top Bottom