Wiring new lead dog plug...the easy way...any help?

coffeeboy

Reaction score
Just got a 2015 t-3 and need to install a new lead dog female end. I would like to put a small battery in so I can run light when stopped, is there a easy solution?

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
I wired mine into my high beam headlight. I can switch to low beam and light goes out. My friends appreciate that lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wired mine into the electric start empty fuse spot for power

I'm going to add a trailer brake away battery, small but good reserve power for light or radio

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trailer breakaway battery is a good idea. Never thought of that before

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are these lead dog lights the shiz nit or what? is it so you have more light when riding in the dark in addition to your head lights or is it more for when your stopped looking at maps etc.??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are these lead dog lights the shiz nit or what? is it so you have more light when riding in the dark in addition to your head lights or is it more for when your stopped looking at maps etc.??
All the above, u can warm ur hands, where ever u look u have light

Plus a red light in the back so others can follow u

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really useful in the mountains at night, its nice to have light where ever you look. Also nice to follow people with them at night when there is a bunch of snow dust being kicked up. I have mine with the red light on all the time, not wired up to the break light how they want it to be. I never leave without it in my bag

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well low and behold my other half got me a similar light for Xmas. It's a flash light made by frankensled. It's gotta a bracket so u can clip it to a go-pro mount. Never even heard of them but I'll giver a try. It's battery only you can't plug it in to the sled like the lead dog and no red light but it's pretty darn bright I'll say that, like it hurts to look at kinda bright! Can't wait to try it out.

Top Bottom