Winter tires!!!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to be starting a new job at Pyramid in Nisku, and will be driving back and forth from Legal,Ab 175+km/day so i am looking to get a good set of winter tires.

I have a 2011 Jetta, what have people had luck with on the smaller cars?

Thanks,

Aaron

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what they are called now, but I had 4 studded Blizzak's when I had a VW Golf. It was unstoppable in snow, closest thing to a sled but on 4 wheels!

Not sure you can even stud the newer Blizzak tires. I am sure the newer designs don't even need studs.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blizzak tires are the first ones out and the best by far. I have tried almost all tires. A new set every yr and now im back to blizzak

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running pirelli winter tire on the wifes jetta and really like them, but i don't think you can go wrong with the blizzaks either.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good tire at a reasonable tire is the Firestone Winterforce

have them on the wifes car, northern BC, lots of winter, will be going back on for their 4th winter, are studable and great traction.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good tire at a reasonable tire is the Firestone Winterforce

have them on the wifes car, northern BC, lots of winter, will be going back on for their 4th winter, are studable and great traction.

I agree, studded 4 of these up and put them on the wifes Yukon, it's unreal in the snow/ice.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, studded 4 of these up and put them on the wifes Yukon, it's unreal in the snow/ice.
Double ditto. Did the same for my 1/2 ton and they're great. Ran Blizzaks on the wife's Accord Coupe and that thing worked real nice on ice too.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokia Hakaplublablabla (think thats how you spell it lol). if they have a size for it buy them! With a side of studs.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokia Hakaplublablabla (think thats how you spell it lol). if they have a size for it buy them! With a side of studs.

I ran an earlier version of them, very good tires, I just found them to be about 50% more costly than the Firestone Winterforce but pretty much the same performance and mileage in the winter.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with blizzak tires. We've ran them on every car at our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blizzaks are awesome and i have used them on three of my vehicals over the years. I have heard though the pirelli tires are just as good and last alot longer especially if you keep them on a bit longer then you should.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work at a tire shop.... blizzaks sucks balls compared to hankook w409 winter.... the best tire [ have many clients that had blizzaks, winter force ect... ] and all said that the 409's they have now are just unreal.... plus at least 30 % less that a blizzak...

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran an earlier version of them, very good tires, I just found them to be about 50% more costly than the Firestone Winterforce but pretty much the same performance and mileage in the winter.
Exactly what I found. I ran Cooper M&S studded for a few seasons and find the Winterforce a FAR better tire for a bunch cheaper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom