Winter Road (Richardson Backcountry Dropoff) North of Fort Mcmurray

ddshapka

Reaction score
A couple of us do a bit of quading in and around Fort Mcmurray after work, some pretty nice trails so far. We work at Syncrude haven't been north yet, am wondering if there are any trails around the drop off for a short trip after work or does one have to go a long ways north past the drop off to hit some good trails?

Thanks in advance!!

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of us do a bit of quading in and around Fort Mcmurray after work, some pretty nice trails so far. We work at Syncrude haven't been north yet, am wondering if there are any trails around the drop off for a short trip after work or does one have to go a long ways north past the drop off to hit some good trails?

Thanks in advance!!

Do you have a Garmin GPS and Mapsource Software in /on you computer. Are you aware that there is a new staging area at km 25 from the old NO 1 staging (drop-off) Area. Fire Bag River Bridge at approimatly 43+- km's. from this same drop-off.

Bruce.

ddshapka

Reaction score
Yes i have a Garmin not with me it's down south. I was up at the new staging area with my pickup last fall road was still under construction was getting dark didn't really have a good look around as to what kind trails there was at the drop off. I just wanted to do a quick trip maybe go out for 3 hours tonight.

Regards,

Doug

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i have a Garmin not with me it's down south. I was up at the new staging area with my pickup last fall road was still under construction was getting dark didn't really have a good look around as to what kind trails there was at the drop off. I just wanted to do a quick trip maybe go out for 3 hours tonight.

Regards,

Doug

If you would like or can, send (PM) me your e-mail address and I will send you some JPS'S of some of the areas that I covered last June when I was up there, I seems that not too many PPL'S ride south of the FIRE BAG RIVER, but I spent part of a week doing just that,(no one to go North with). Never found a trail west to the Athabasca River???
AS for your GPS,:nono: never leave home without it, and take along a Find Me Spot as well.:rolleyes:

Bruce.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is plenty of riding south of the firebag. could kill a few days im sure. just going across from the staging area and heading up the synenco road can be a good ride if you wanna go for a speedy tear. most of it will just be ducking around finding dead ends and wells. There is one or two nice loops and you come across cabins n ponds but hard to explain on a computer. You can make the athabasca from south of the firebag as well.. done it once or twice

pipefitter

Reaction score
Im working @ Syncrude MLV as well. When do you fellows go I like to ride too and its much safer up there in a group!

Top Bottom