Winter Projects?

bodean

Reaction score
I've decided I am going to try and find a 1985-86 Honda ATC250R to rebuild, have always wanted one just to see what all the hype is about. I really enjoy rebuilding 2 strokes, mostly just dirtbikes, but I figure it's time to try something a little different. This will be my first time with something a little more vintage, so far I've only been doing some research, finding places to source parts, that kind of thing. I figure I'll try and stay mostly stock, maybe pipe and go with a slightly wider rear axle.

Anyone else have any exciting winter projects planned?

Oh and if you happen to have, or know of someone who has one collecting dust in a barn shoot me a pm :)

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one. A Harley motor that needs a bottom up rebuild. Unfortunately, parts for those are expensive, so it will be a slower process.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a couple of them and I don't know if he would part with one or not but it might be worth a try!I could ask him or just have you contact him.Let me know.I could ask my neighbor if he still has his tri-z.Yamaha's version of the 250r but I know that one would be rough!

Last edited:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've decided I am going to try and find a 1985-86 Honda ATC250R to rebuild, have always wanted one just to see what all the hype is about. I really enjoy rebuilding 2 strokes, mostly just dirtbikes, but I figure it's time to try something a little different. This will be my first time with something a little more vintage, so far I've only been doing some research, finding places to source parts, that kind of thing. I figure I'll try and stay mostly stock, maybe pipe and go with a slightly wider rear axle.

Anyone else have any exciting winter projects planned?

Oh and if you happen to have, or know of someone who has one collecting dust in a barn shoot me a pm :)
I had an 85 250R with a CR 500 motor. I bet there will be a lot of people squealin about how a 700 Raptor would spank that. LMFAO.

bodean

Reaction score
I had an 85 250R with a CR 500 motor. I bet there will be a lot of people squealin about how a 700 Raptor would spank that. LMFAO.

That sounds insane, had an air cooled 84 CR500, one of the first bikes I rebuilt, only drove it a handful of times...the thing absolutely terrified me!

What happened to it?

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold it about a yr ago. It was all done desert seat tank +6 swingarm +4 axle hand made pipe. It was stupid fast. Keep that under your hat though cause there are people on here that think old cant be fast.

bodean

Reaction score
Sold it about a yr ago. It was all done desert seat tank +6 swingarm +4 axle hand made pipe. It was stupid fast. Keep that under your hat though cause there are people on here that think old cant be fast.

Old can definitely be fast, it's the suspension and breaking systems that can be a little behind the times!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Back on topic........Winter Projects???

Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride, Ride, ride, ride............

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much like every other winter I'll upgrade my stereo....
Genesis 2's 002.jpg

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats an impressive stereo. I have a bathroom I have to reno this winter, which was suppose to get done last year.

bodean

Reaction score
Wow, thats an impressive stereo. I have a bathroom I have to reno this winter, which was suppose to get done last year.

Yeah I've got a bathroom to finish as well, probably won't happen though.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got TONS of $hit that needs to be done but working a 26 & 10 rotation all winter boarding & sledding will take up any "spare" time, and im ok with that

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are those magnapan's? i am a huge audiophile myself, car & home

Those are Genesis 2's, A friend just bought em from me so I'm on the hunt for something different. I'm thinkin either Wilson Maxx's or Eggleston Andra's.
I've ordred another pre-amp, I'm having a few mods done to it as well so it'll be a one of a kind which is kinda cool. The two KT88 mono blocks above the Marantz's
are one of only three sets ever made. Each tube has its own bias pot so this saves a bundle on gettin matched sets. (NOS tube sets come at a price)
My good wife has been patient about my audio endeavors but the size of these were too much and blocked the screen.

Top Bottom