winch wiring

trindian

Reaction score
hey i bought a winch for my sled deck its a 2000 pound warn winch for a quad off my buddie and it has the foreward/ reversing contactor but it did not come with any wiring diagram for the contctor so my question is since i extended the control wires for the contactor about 10 feet there is a quick connect plug with two wires going to the contactor and a third wire going to the switch so is the third (red) wire a power to the switch or ground and secondly what are the proper terminations on the contactor for power and load out to the winch, thanks to anyone who has any idea............... the contactor in question looks like the one in this install

Google Images

bearclaw

Reaction score
nice picture of googles! i just have 1500 winch and the controller is for current flow. all you need is heavy wire and good soldered connections.

Last edited:

BADDAWG

Reaction score
I just put my warn winch on 2 hrs ago. If the winch isn't too dirty or beat up check the ends of the threads that you connect to. They should be colour coded with a marker or paint to match the colour of the wire. Red is power to battery, black is grnd to battery, yellow and blue go from winch to controller, if you have the model as mine. 2500lb warm rt

Top Bottom