Winch Rope on 07 Brute Force

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed the Warn XT25 on my 07 Brute Force 650. This is the one with the synthetic rope instead of a cable. What is happening is the winch works great until the last foot or so winding in (hook end). If I wind in the last foot, it seems to bind with due to the cover on the end of the rope. It works fine if I leave it out and hook the hook to my front rack.

Anyone else have this problem. I thought it was an awfull tight space for the winch in the first place, but all the parts came from Kawasaki and they said it was a tight fit.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LEAVE THE GAURD ON. IF YOU GET A SNAG ON THE ROPE FROM A TREE IT WILL SNAP LIKE NOTHING.

I cut just enough of the gaurd off that I can wind it back in. I typically use a strap to go around anything so Now I will just have to make sure i do.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut just enough of the gaurd off that I can wind it back in. I typically use a strap to go around anything so Now I will just have to make sure i do.

Ya i have mine all of the way off, cause i can use my plow with it on. Besides, like you said, most resonsible OHV users use a tree saver when winching to a tree.

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
I HAVE A LIGHT LITTLE 450 KODIAK SO I DONT WINCH TO TREES. IJUST WINCH TO BIG FAT KAWI 750S IVE YET TO BUDGE ONE NO MATTER HOW STUCK I GET.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A LIGHT LITTLE 450 KODIAK SO I DONT WINCH TO TREES. IJUST WINCH TO BIG FAT KAWI 750S IVE YET TO BUDGE ONE NO MATTER HOW STUCK I GET.

lol, funny thing is, when we got stuck the other day, that was the plan...I winch up and then my dad winched onto mine...he has an even lighter Honda Rancher...

:shots: :beerchug:

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
YA I KNOW MY YAMI ISNT THE BEST MUDDER OUT THERE BUT ITS A LIITLE BETTER THAN MY BIKE ON THE FLOATING MUSKEG LAKES.

Top Bottom