Will the weight of a rim make a difference in how my quad handes?

jaredvh

Reaction score
Went to Blackfoot in Calgary the other day and the guy there said that the weight of the rims won't really make a difference in how well my quad turns them in the mud. Is this true? On a tight budget and trying to decide if I want some fancy rims or if I should just go with a plain steel wheel.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be to worried about the weight of rims, Its the size and weight of tires that make a difference.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Blackfoot in Calgary the other day and the guy there said that the weight of the rims won't really make a difference in how well my quad turns them in the mud. Is this true? On a tight budget and trying to decide if I want some fancy rims or if I should just go with a plain steel wheel.

If you are referring on how it steers, I agree but from a mud bogging stand point, less rotating mass the better. Will you notice the difference maybe not. I always went aluminuim wheels on my Jeep.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i what i noticed on my quad, is it was more stable in turns off camber situations, gives you a wider stance, dose make steering a little harder, but good way to build some extra upper body strength. You might notice a little power loss depending on how big your quad is and depending on the tires you go with... what you plan on puttin emm on anyways ???? Deffenitl worth it to going with some aluminuim wheels, the ITP's are probaly the cheaper ones to go with and still look pretty sharp, and the ss rims from itp have a life time warrenty... the only problem i got with itp is everyone has emm, think i might go look at some motor sport alloy wheel for my brute next.

Top Bottom