Will it make a difference?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing an aftermarket can for my 03 800 Edge. Does it really make a difference than stock? Is there any significant gain to buying one?

Thanks,

Ryeser, aka: no longer shortest track

heinracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well a aftermarket can might free up a few hp and lose around 7-10 lbs and the sound will be alot nicer

depending on what can you go with

you can pm with anymore questions or any other needs

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would keep an eye out for one in the swapmeet, or watch for guys parting out sleds too. Good deals to be had.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just make alot of NOISE

Yah... Noise. thats about it. Save your money and save our sport another black eye by not becoming another loud annoying snowmobiler.

Cans are a waste of money and make fighting for our right to ride that much more difficult. I hate the dang things. :mad: And they make next to no difference in performance.

RevBlk

Reaction score
Spend the same amount of money on clutch tuning. It will be well worth it. Never put a can on any of my sleds. If you need more power buy a bigger engine. If you want to lighten the sled. Work out & diet. You'll feel better & so will the sled. Harder for the skinny guys. But they are already light. Not preaching just my observations. Personally I don't mind the noise in someone else's sled. But I have a couple of tree hugger neighbors & they sure chirp about it when a can equipped sled goes by.
My 2 cents.
Rev

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Cans and pipes close trails. With 95% of cans you loose HP but gain a bunch of noise that will close trails do the sport a favor say NO TO CANS. I have heard it all , the can saves 7-10 lbs (think Jenny) will only run a can in the mtns.(why change it we are going agan next weekend) my favorite is its a quit can (if you are on crack) . So if you like helping people close trails fill your boots and get a can or do the right thing:nono::rant:

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should just bring some of your workers:p
to help you out when you are stuck...:cool:

Smurff

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions! No can for ME! I have enough power, and all my fiends already know that I have a hard enough time staying on as it is!

Ryeser, are you aware that there is a snowmobile club in the Parkland County, that has Signed, Groomed Trails?

Come out to our monthly social night, our next one is Monday October 6 at Michaels Sports Bar in Spruce Grove, come see what we are all about! or check out our website at:

Tyler

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know me Smurf, I just can not seem to hang on to the POOlaris Power, perhaps adjusting the handlebars and rising them up will help me from falling off and trying to dig out! I will have to come up with another excuse this year.;)

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know me Smurf, I just can not seem to hang on to the POOlaris Power, perhaps adjusting the handlebars and rising them up will help me from falling off and trying to dig out! I will have to come up with another excuse this year.;)

If you want to make that Pussy fly we need to make it air flow in and out
better.
I can help, your stock can needs to go, air box needs to go, replaced by pods.
We can rejet it and up to the stars you go after hiting a tree...

Smurff

Attachments

• Goose Tower Logger Piles.jpg
    Goose Tower Logger Piles.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 177

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't feel any difference with mine. I use the stock muffler the odd time I ride around home. When I hit the Rockies I put on the can. The only thing better about the can is that it gives me more room for the shovel.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading a good article on tuned resonators. Cat has been doing this for a long time. Not sure about the other manufacturers. That's why to this day even aftermarket pipes work best with stock can. It's all about the frequency and especially pressure of the return waves. I tested a can on my ZR and noticed immediately that rpm's would seem to "run on" when I let off the throttle. With stock can it was the opposite and the return of rpm's to the lower state meant better throttle response and pull. Many Cats LOSE power with aftermarket cans. Only advantage is the weight loss. 11 pounds for the one I tested!! Tempting, but I'm staying stock.

9hundo

Get rid of the stock can! That'll reduce heat, weight, and you'll sound like you are going fast:d There are planty of manufacturers that make a good sounding unit that isn't godawfully loud...or you could get some SLP twins. Way better power and quiet:beer:

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I bring along some duct tape, you guys can tape my hands to the handle bars, so I can not let go. Take the choice to bail off the agenda!:help:

I took a good picture of you training,
this may help you stay on your sled only time will tell.
Smurff

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom