will i fit on this bike

willmx11

Reaction score
2002 rm 125. im 5'4.5 and about 120 pounds. also will it have to much power for me? or will the powerband be to big for me? im coming off a crf150f and ive never ridden a 2 stroke. please help me out here

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll fit and you'll get use to the power band. Good bike for you.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, perfect fit for you. Being used to the 150, the powerband on the 125 may kick yer azz a time or two, but I'm sure you will enjoy it, they are a fun bike to ride.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a 250 four stroke? They are similiar in size and in the same class as a 125 two stroke, but dont have that snappy 2 stroke top end performance, but I hear a lot of good things about them and seem to be pretty popular now a days..

willmx11

Reaction score
Have you considered a 250 four stroke? They are similiar in size and in the same class as a 125 two stroke, but dont have that snappy 2 stroke top end performance, but I hear a lot of good things about them and seem to be pretty popular now a days..

Ya if i dont get this rm125 im then im going to look at a 04 kx 250f

willmx11

Reaction score
Yep, perfect fit for you. Being used to the 150, the powerband on the 125 may kick yer azz a time or two, but I'm sure you will enjoy it, they are a fun bike to ride.

ya im just a little worried about the powerband since ive never ridden a 2 stroke. but are they easy to pop the clutch on? or do you think ill flip it?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya im just a little worried about the powerband since ive never ridden a 2 stroke. but are they easy to pop the clutch on? or do you think ill flip it?

You might wheelie it a few times until you get used to the clutch.. :d I wouldn't rev the chit out of it and pop the clutch right off the bat because the front end will come up regardless.. just ease into it until you get the hang of the throttle and the power if you go 2 stroke

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude I started riding 125 2 smokers when I was 12! (5'2, 100lbs!) the power band is a bit antimonating but you will get used to it. I like a 250f better, you may want to consider it.

j_w10

Reaction score
i dont think the the difference on the top end between the 2 and 4 is the much different. the big difference between the two is the bottom end grunt. the 4 pulls from the get go and the 2 has a real bog on the bottom end till the power band kicks in and then pulls just as hard. i think for a young fellow like you the 2 stroke is better cause you have to learn to ride a bit more, learn to slip your clutch and keep the bike on the pipe. just my opinion though.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i started on a 125 2 stroke. its an awesome way to learn. you want to have that fear so you dont hurt yourself. there a light bike so you can handle the bike right away. and if your getting a 4 stroke trust me on this one and stay away from the kawi 04 and the susuki 04 P.O.S!!! there were some serious valve problems with the 04's and the 05's. go 06 or newer and avoid the shop.

Top Bottom