Wildcat

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out with a group and one fella had a wildcat 1000 , quite impressive. He let me take it for a little rip , it's a hoot to drive. Hear lots of negatives about dependability, he says he believes if not abused it's as dependable as the others. True ? Any first hand experiences someone can share.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all have their issues. I've blown two belts in high range. Took out the cheap tie rods and one cheap radius rod. Lots of upgraded parts and the machine is good. Power steering could be better but again you can upgrade it. Bunch of little things I had to do for reliability but the suspension is great. I have a great ground clearance with low roof height that works well.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot cheaper then the other two also. I'm not sure what the can ams are selling for right now but the cat was $5000 cheaper then the rzr or maverick I was seriously looking at.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Wildcat Trail after seeing how well my buddies Wildcat X worked. I only have 800 miles on the Trail thus far, but I've beat the living s%it out of it with no issues other then one belt worn out (my fault, was in high range while mudding and overheated it). No broken parts though... photo 3.jpg That said, all SXS's are money pits, and you'll find yourself constantly adding tires, lift, harnesses, etc.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the sport is a better unit based of its running gear.. The wildcat x chassis is good though... But cat can not build a motor ....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I here the newer ones without the slip clutch is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the sport is a better unit based of its running gear.. The wildcat x chassis is good though... But cat can not build a motor ....

Did you have lots of issues with yours ?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No , but the 1000 cat is not a great motor...oil leaks ,starter issues and lacks a lot of power ...
they are a great machine for the $$,more of a dune than tight trail machine ( 1000 ) . Once the bugs are fixed they are pretty good ..long ride great . But a hand full in the tight trails.

Top Bottom