Wild Pig Hunting

Black08Brute

Reaction score
We were doing some pig hunting in Kelowna a few weeks ago - saw a couple, one of them bought us some drinks at Joey's but she was too old, probably would have been tough eating as well so we kept our pistols in our pockets.

Bahaaaaaaa Thats funny, better luck next time

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all escaped from game farms I belive. I have never heard of any native pigs in alberta.

wow I just read what I wrote I left that WIDE OPEN.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all escaped from game farms I belive. I have never heard of any native pigs in alberta.

wow I just read what I wrote I left that WIDE OPEN.

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:
Your name is obviously NOT Clayton Magnet then, from Brocket..
That's just mean.....

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went on that guided hunt with earl, it was a great 3 days out there, them pigs are some crazy so be careful. earl put them in a 20 acre field and away you go. he puts on a real good outing for ya, he has a ol cabin in his yard that you can stay in. his wife made a awsome supper and the hospitality is next to none there. i will never forget it.

shawn giles

Reaction score
About 6 miles south of Mayerthorpe on hwy #22 there is a game farm on your right. At the west end of that game farm there is a ton of pigs running loose and reeking havoc on buddies game farm fence's. Digging holes under them and disturbing his deer farm. I can't remember the fellows name but he used to let us hunt pigs in there a few years back. If your ever by there just stop in and ask him. If the name comes to me I'll PM you.
Another good place to hunt them down is about 10 miles south from hwy #43 and #18 (Green Court turn off) then west in the low lying swamps. I have seen lots of them in that neck of the woods. There a little skittish out that way. You might want something that will reach out a little further than a 12 gauge slug :d Be sure you have permission on private property, their a little redneck out that way :eek:. Good Luck.

hey there i am looking to go pig hunting looking for some info if u can help me great thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out hog wild near mayerthorpe the guys name is Earl and puts on a hell of a hunt. You can uses what ever you want to hunt them. We did it with bows (i had a cross bow) and that makes it real interesting when they chase and try to eat you!!! My cousin and his buddies do it every year usually the first week of may. I would have went this year but i will be in vegas for my buddies stag.

www.hogwild.ab.ca

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
There was another wild pig farm north of Rochfort Bridge as well. Whether they just escaped or he turned them loose cause wild pig farming wasn't profitable I don't know. Rumor has it he turned 'em loose. Anyways there's a bunch around the Romeo Lake area running free. Not sure if these have been culled somewhat as of late though. Favorite weapon of choice out there seems to be either a dodge or ford though.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild pigs will charge at you if they are being threatin
be ready to shot more than one this happen to me
drop one and second one spotted me and charged 30-06 to the chest of the pig @ 15'
I would use nothing less than 30=06 for hunting them pigs

Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
link won't work.
Check out hog wild near mayerthorpe the guys name is Earl and puts on a hell of a hunt. You can uses what ever you want to hunt them. We did it with bows (i had a cross bow) and that makes it real interesting when they chase and try to eat you!!! My cousin and his buddies do it every year usually the first week of may. I would have went this year but i will be in vegas for my buddies stag.

www.hogwild.ab.ca

Top Bottom