Why not put something in place

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dis agree with banning. But agree something needs done . My question is why did you put your kid on a atv too big for him without a helmet

CTV Edmonton - Alberta judge rejects calls to ban children from riding ATVs - CTV News

heck when we got our first bike it was a little keystone mini-bike road that for three years then when i was 9 we upgraded to a yamaha gt 80 enduro rode it till i was 13 .... what the heck is with these peeps putting these kids on stuff too big for them

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our kids are 10 and 12. They don't drive our 500 or my rzr unless we are on with them with helmet then we can shut it off if they are going too fast and 99% of time they are cruising around camp site with us riding with them

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People don't think anymore. Alot fail to realize that with the changes in technology the old 48 hp sled they used to have.....is now 150hp.....or these 200hp see-doos people put their 9yr olds on, then try to sue manufacturers, when they are the ones acting retarded. I do somehow feel sorry for these people, but sadly you can't fix stupid

To much time spent wondering if the kid can.......not enough time wondering if the kid SHOULD

my $0.02

Hitchguy

Reaction score
WOW gotta love it when someone gets hurt or killed, all people say is ban,ban,ban. WTF how about you spend some time out there riding with your kids and teach them the proper way to ride these machines big or small if you don't RESPECT the machine it is going to bite you no matter what you do!!! Helmets should be mandatory period for any Quad,Sled,Bike in every province.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW gotta love it when someone gets hurt or killed, all people say is ban,ban,ban. WTF how about you spend some time out there riding with your kids and teach them the proper way to ride these machines big or small if you don't RESPECT the machine it is going to bite you no matter what you do!!! Helmets should be mandatory period for any Quad,Sled,Bike in every province.

Agreed. We make bycicle helmets mandatory. And not Atv or snowmobile. WTF is wrong with the govt here think they need a padded room to think about it.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Our son is now 15 and rides a yammy 450. He has been trail riding since he was 7, started with a 80, then a 125, than went to a 350. He has never had an accident and rides better than a lot of adults becausehe has been taught to respect the machine, the trails and our sport. Most of the accidents that we hear of with kids is that they are unsupervised. Our son NEVER rides alone. We always wear our helmets when riding, and we have been on some gnarly trails.

It all comes down to parents being diligent about safety. This kid was not being supervised, I don't believe he had the skill enough to ride properly, even though the article states that he did. And he was on a machine that is way to big for a12 year old.

Top Bottom