Why is BC so Bad??????????????????????

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One should not read into the wrong idea of hate or why BC is so bad...

The facts that the fellows wanted to go to BC, and got jobs has worked out for them after all.

BC is not bad as stated on the thread, and I my self don't see any hate by any one.

Unforcanet that anyone could become home-less at any time, and what a awesome idea getting a hand "up" at some kind of work thing to improve ones self-esteem/ worth to them.

IMO only that is. Pal Lem.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll say it! We don't need anymore rejects....I'm struggling hard enough to pay the gouging taxes to cover our provinces screw ups to date already.
Really, working in BC put you in second...seems like if your unemployed, not willing to work.stoned and broke our govement will get you a waterfront home and give you a pay cheque to stay here. The rest of you keep working slaves! But doesn't it feel good to give to others.

gdvross

Reaction score
There is a lot of politics at play in this story. The Lighthouse was trying to use these guys to blackmail the government for money but turned down so they ran to the media. The shorter of these two has missed two court dates , left his girl friend and new baby with a high interest car loan he defaulted on and had a job last summer but didn't feel like working anymore . He is a skumbag that won't work no matter how many jobs are offered. The taller one has mental problems and should have never been given a ticket .

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of politics at play in this story. The Lighthouse was trying to use these guys to blackmail the government for money but turned down so they ran to the media. The shorter of these two has missed two court dates , left his girl friend and new baby with a high interest car loan he defaulted on and had a job last summer but didn't feel like working anymore . He is a skumbag that won't work no matter how many jobs are offered. The taller one has mental problems and should have never been given a ticket .
Oh my, this just get even better.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mental or not. Lazy or not. They both look like they have the capacity to weed flower beds, pick up garbage. You want money. Work for it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree with your logic.... the unions that employ the city workers who currently do those tasks would argue that it takes a highly skilled/trained person to complete this work and to hire vagabonds would result in a lack of pride in a job well done as we all know the unions are renowned for. The city employed groundskeeper who currently makes $34-36/hr under the collective bargaining agreement( http://www.metrovancouver.org/servi...greements/Vancouver_Parks_CUPE_15-2012-15.pdf ) would no longer be required and would become homeless and have to work for his/her welfare at much less than their current salary.....

Mental or not. Lazy or not. They both look like they have the capacity to weed flower beds, pick up garbage. You want money. Work for it.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yes unions. They are so good for the economy. Forgot about them. 34/hr wow. In my town Whitecourt there are no union workers and the there is a lot of garbage and things can be done with minimum wage workers.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how can any Union feel good to have a garbage collector being paid the same or close to the same amount as a nurse is beyond me. One has to spend years in schooling and upgrade and the other……… don't know if you need an education???

I agree with your logic.... the unions that employ the city workers who currently do those tasks would argue that it takes a highly skilled/trained person to complete this work and to hire vagabonds would result in a lack of pride in a job well done as we all know the unions are renowned for. The city employed groundskeeper who currently makes $34-36/hr under the collective bargaining agreement( http://www.metrovancouver.org/servi...greements/Vancouver_Parks_CUPE_15-2012-15.pdf ) would no longer be required and would become homeless and have to work for his/her welfare at much less than their current salary.....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually have a uncle that does garbage for the city of Vancouver. He loves his job and has been doing it for probably 20years. They make same as bus drivers, maintenance crews etc. Keep in mind $34/hr in Vancouver is nothing.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this NDP union mentality sounds an awefull lot like communism.

and I suspect your dont know squat about communism.

I am about as far as you can get from an NDP supporter, but comments like that are plain stupid. I also find it rather ironic that people from Alberta who support patch wages criticize what a garbage collector in Vancouver makes. I guess by that logic any nurse in Northern Alberta should make more than any patch worker.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and I suspect your dont know squat about communism.

I am about as far as you can get from an NDP supporter, but comments like that are plain stupid. I also find it rather ironic that people from Alberta who support patch wages criticize what a garbage collector in Vancouver makes. I guess by that logic any nurse in Northern Alberta should make more than any patch worker.

They should make more than many workers in the patch but don't...

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plain stupid my arse. Union supporters pfffft. My wife worked at a union job until she retired. I know full well the similarities with unions and communism.

In the patch you get compensated for your work ethic and commitment to work. In a union you get compensated whether you work or not.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plain stupid my arse. Union supporters pfffft. My wife worked at a union job until she retired. I know full well the similarities with unions and communism.

In the patch you get compensated for your work ethic and commitment to work. In a union you get compensated whether you work or not.

Unions had a place years ago, so did the horse and buggy and steam locomotives. Union mentality bases productivity on the absolute minimum standards , and the majority of members learn very quickly how to minimize their efforts so as to achieve that objective. They should all be eliminated immediately. Most are now focused on accumulating huge wealth and buying another office tower in Toronto or Chicago.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patch workers make what they make as compensation for being away from the family for weeks on end, and depending on the job the danger factor and responsibility level.

Comparing that to a Monday to Friday home every night for dinner city worker is FN retarded to do.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patch workers make what they make as compensation for being away from the family for weeks on end, and depending on the job the danger factor and responsibility level.

Comparing that to a Monday to Friday home every night for dinner city worker is FN retarded to do.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yep, lots of people begrudge what a guy makes in the patch but wouldn't/couldn't do it for any money.

Top Bottom