Why 2 snowmobile Federations in BC??

Golly

Reaction score
At the calgary show ,i found out that the abc group pays dues to the bcsf group so does that mean , if you belong to the sicamous club , which belongs to the abc group, you also belong to bcsf, it would be only fair , as part of , ones membership fee goes to the abc , get the picture ?

There is NO association between the groups at all

Golly

Reaction score
They don't unless they are riding a bcsf member clubs trails (end of story)

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could there possibly be a combo pass that would cover all operations in BC?:d:beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the calgary show ,i found out that the abc group pays dues to the bcsf group so does that mean , if you belong to the sicamous club , which belongs to the abc group, you also belong to bcsf, it would be only fair , as part of , ones membership fee goes to the abc , get the picture ?

im sorry you got the wrong info

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could there possibly be a combo pass that would cover all operations in BC?:d:beer:

havent you been following this post? all clubs are individual, with individual costs related to operations, staffing, insurances etc. im beginning to wonder your motive here, do you really care or just want to stir the pot? this post is not the place to do the stirring......my .02

muffin

Reaction score
not stirring jack , just asking , .. was told saturday by a director of the abc group that abc pays dues to bcsf , , was i missinformed ? sounds like it

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not stirring jack , just asking , .. was told saturday by a director of the abc group that abc pays dues to bcsf , , was i missinformed ? sounds like it

sorry muffin my post was not directed at you in any way, honest question and yes I believe you were greatly misinformed.

Last edited:

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Earlier pot stirring aside:

Question 1: For each association, is that part of a membership transferable? As in, do I pay full price for each member club or do I get a discount at other clubs within that association?

Depsolver said the guy previous was stirring a pot, but it's actually a good question in the whole "Why are there 2 federations" debate. Out of province sledders and guys that travel to different towns would probably love to not be discouraged by paying full price everywhere. Paying a club for their work is one thing, paying the same people over and over is another.

Question 2: Has the BCSF recognized internally what they've done wrong to encourage this split? Have they sincerely reviewed and recognized points made by former member clubs that have left, such as the letter the bordertown bombers sent them? While I recognize that the BCSF isn't going to want to discuss what was done wrong, (the mud flinging on a public forum, etc) it would be good to hear if there is some acknowledgement. This sort of thing doesn't happen for no reason afterall.

Question 3: How many clubs have to leave the BCSF before the national level federation and bc/canadian government have to recognize the ABC?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
How many clubs are in each organization? Is there a list of all the clubs listed somewhere??? I tried to find them on the bcsf, but its a difficult site to navigate....I found the list of abc member clubs, and it seems like it's the majority of the more popular sledding areas

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I would like to see Erin respond to Steve D's quetions, all very valid.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Earlier pot stirring aside:

Question 1: For each association, is that part of a membership transferable? As in, do I pay full price for each member club or do I get a discount at other clubs within that association?

Depsolver said the guy previous was stirring a pot, but it's actually a good question in the whole "Why are there 2 federations" debate. Out of province sledders and guys that travel to different towns would probably love to not be discouraged by paying full price everywhere. Paying a club for their work is one thing, paying the same people over and over is another.

Question 2: Has the BCSF recognized internally what they've done wrong to encourage this split? Have they sincerely reviewed and recognized points made by former member clubs that have left, such as the letter the bordertown bombers sent them? While I recognize that the BCSF isn't going to want to discuss what was done wrong, (the mud flinging on a public forum, etc) it would be good to hear if there is some acknowledgement. This sort of thing doesn't happen for no reason afterall.

Question 3: How many clubs have to leave the BCSF before the national level federation and bc/canadian government have to recognize the ABC?
All good questions.

1. I am not sure. I believe every local club charges the same amount for a trail pass, no matter what association you belong too, but I could be wrong since I don't travel much and do not get involved in that part of the club's activities.

2. I have heard that the BCSF has found competitive insurance rates. If I remember right, the SSA not only sent a letter to the BCSF, but also gave them the chance to come to a meeting and tell their side. We are a 45 minute drive from BCSF headquarters; they declined to show up to the meeting, but I cannot remember if they responded to the letter.

3. Not sure, but the ABC website lists around 25 member clubs right now, which is alot less then the BCSF, but that number is still going up every year.

Golly

Reaction score
FYI, I did a quick scan of the BCSF clubs, and at least 6 of them listed are ABCSC clubs, BCSF needs to update their list.
Their list has not ben updated in years. Many clubs listed do not even exist any longer

Reaction score
Hi All

We are a BCSF club here in Chetwynd. I cannot comment on the ABC organization, cause I, nor our Club has had any dealings with ABC.

I can however let all of you know that Les Austen of the BCSF has helped our club get set up and continues to provide support when ever we need it.

I personnaly do not want to know anything that happend in the past between the BCSF and ABC organizations. Our Club will gladly work with any Snowmobilier to better our sport no matter what province or organization they are from.

Cheers

Top Bottom