Whos ready to hillclimb race?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Western Canadian Hillcross Association has secured and finalized our first event in Dawson Creek BC at the Bear Mountain Ski Hill April 4-6th, stay tuned for classes, prize money, rules and regulations, volunteer and sponsor opportunities. We would like to thank everyone for their help and interest and hope to see you all participate in competition and spectating. We are in talks with two more for the following weekends and will release them if and when we secure them. Come out and support us so we can maximize our donations to the venue and to local snowmobile clubs and to ensure we become a fixture in our sport for enthusiasts, we are a non profit so this is all about the sport and our industry.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super stoked for this! Never have competed before, back in 2009 nite hawk was suppose to put a hill cross on but pulled the pin a week before. I think this will be a great event!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy to see people are so interested in this, can't wait to meet everyone and see this come to fruition, should have info soon we had a successful board meeting tonight and ironed out a lot of the details, I will post them soon.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Western Canadian Hillcross Association has secured and finalized our first event in Dawson Creek BC at the Bear Mountain Ski Hill April 4-6th, stay tuned for classes, prize money, rules and regulations, volunteer and sponsor opportunities. We would like to thank everyone for their help and interest and hope to see you all participate in competition and spectating. We are in talks with two more for the following weekends and will release them if and when we secure them. Come out and support us so we can maximize our donations to the venue and to local snowmobile clubs and to ensure we become a fixture in our sport for enthusiasts, we are a non profit so this is all about the sport and our industry.

Good morning Tyler. If you hold an event closer to my work area (Edson?) I would happily sponsor a prize or something...

Check out the Bentley Ski Hill... Its named Medicine Lodge Ski Club?? It would be a great venue... As would Canyon Ski Hill at Red Deer... I could also approach the Elks for further volunteer staff and security as well as fundraising efforts. Keep a strain on er bud!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning Tyler. If you hold an event closer to my work area (Edson?) I would happily sponsor a prize or something...

Check out the Bentley Ski Hill... Its named Medicine Lodge Ski Club?? It would be a great venue... As would Canyon Ski Hill at Red Deer... I could also approach the Elks for further volunteer staff and security as well as fundraising efforts. Keep a strain on er bud!

Good choice. Definately a nice central location for the folks in Alberta. Maybe if it turns out well, It could be held in different locations varying from year to year, giving each snowmobile club a chance to benefit from it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hope this pans out and there is a closer to home event, Dawson creek is a bit of a hall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work shift work as well but will be able to make it to half the races. I really miss the rush of being on the line. I can't wait for the classes and figure out if it is worth it. I want to be able to run my XM summit in both pro class and the king of the hill (if they have king of the hill). What kinda safety gear?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks Joel I will look into it, super busy this season but still working on securing the other two venues but it could be an option if either fall through this season and if not next season it will be a definite goal for us to reach that demographic for sure

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Medicine lodge in Bentley would be awesome as it's right close to me and would be great hill to have it on. I always figured they should. Red deer would be great too.

I have a contact name and number for the guy that is in charge of the Bentley ski hill if you would be interested.

Shoot me a pm and let me know.

Excited to see something happening with hill climbs. Hopefully some Alberta events will come about.

Maybe Fernie will hold one again. I went to an event there a few years ago and was great.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a big difference between hillclimb and hillcross make sure people know the difference before getting there hops up.
Good point, we strayed from using the hillclimb name strictly under direction from our insurer as the impact of the word hillclimb over hillcross made us nearly uninsurable even though we fully disclosed our race format as hillclimb racing with the title being hillcross instead they deemed risk to be acceptable. Thanks for your input on the matter, on the website we do refer to the format as hillclimb racing to inform everyone but until we upgrade the site the address is terrible.

Top Bottom