Who went to the Cabela's Grand Openeing today?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had advertised that they were opening on Aug 2, and I went there, but they must have been behind schedule. New opening date is Aug 4. Looks nice from the outside :p . If you went today, what were the prices like? Do you think Wholesale Outfitters should be worried? I'm glad they finally came to Edmonton, hopefully they are as well supplied as the ones I visited in the states :ThumbsupMsn: :beer:

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went there yesterday. Not many sales for a grand opening but prices seem decent. Going back sat for a muzzleloader if there is no deals at huntfest

650XT

Reaction score
Store Address:
6170 Currents Drive NW
Edmonton, Alberta
T6W 0L8
GPS Coordinates:
N 53° 26.328' W 113° 36.227'

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys have a Cabela's? Awesome!

I wondered how the Calgary area shops would do when Bass Pro opened down here, and really, I don't believe they have suffered at all. I have been to Cabela's before and they are more a specialized outdoor supplier than BassPro, but I doubt they will harm to many of the other shops like WholeSale.

BassPro is like the Walmart of outdoor shops. They do have a nice hunting selction, but many of there other items and departments are generic. Cabela's has always been know for quality products, hopefully they are able to cater to the needs of the local area.

When I look for specialty items I still visit WholeSale Sports, or even CampersVillage. Maybe I'll check the hockey schedule and see if the Sled Show falls on another game night again and I can go watch some good hockey, see sleds and check out Cabela's all in one day!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll check the hockey schedule and see if the Sled Show falls on another game night again and I can go watch some good hockey, see sleds and check out Cabela's all in one day!

I agree, Calgary has a lousy hockey team

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys have a Cabela's? Awesome!

I wondered how the Calgary area shops would do when Bass Pro opened down here, and really, I don't believe they have suffered at all. I have been to Cabela's before and they are more a specialized outdoor supplier than BassPro, but I doubt they will harm to many of the other shops like WholeSale.

BassPro is like the Walmart of outdoor shops. They do have a nice hunting selction, but many of there other items and departments are generic. Cabela's has always been know for quality products, hopefully they are able to cater to the needs of the local area.

When I look for specialty items I still visit WholeSale Sports, or even CampersVillage. Maybe I'll check the hockey schedule and see if the Sled Show falls on another game night again and I can go watch some good hockey, see sleds and check out Cabela's all in one day!

Wow Edmonton has a hockey team who knew!!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right, just turn East onto Windemere and they are on the East side of the Home Depot. I was hoping to get there before my holidays were up, but this bathroom reno is going to keep me busy for a while yet :mad:

gdvross

Reaction score
They are making good progress on the Cabela's here in Saskatoon should be done sometime this winter.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went there and was looking at a Eagle cuda 350 fish finder.The price was $299.I can get the same one from Cabelas website for $165.Whats up with the price difference?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went there and was looking at a Eagle cuda 350 fish finder.The price was $299.I can get the same one from Cabelas website for $165.Whats up with the price difference?

ever hear about us pricing. basspro shop is the same. printed in usa with usa store prices.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Cabela's on Friday, way too many f__king people there, I did a lap around the store and left, looked cool though, but to me just looked a little bigger then whole sale.....so what....cabela's has deer heads hanging on the walls, well so does whole sale....I guess the hype was just to big....The outside of the building (entrance) is pretty neat to look at.....

Maybe I'll have to go again when there isn't 7500 people there (yes I counted)....:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought it was very well set up but there were alot of people there.... bought a double wide tree stand ... it was a real good price ....cheaper then i could ever build one came with the ladder and two harnesses two tie downs ... but it was built in china lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the attraction of the Cabela's in the US. Size and price. Here it is just another store. No real gain for us unless they stock something another store doesnt. If they had the same prices then I would be spending a crapload of cash there.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping for a handgun, and I went onto Cabela's Edmonton website and for a Smith and Wesson M&P45 it lists for $ 839.99 and at Wholesale it lists 'starting at' (?) $ 769.95. So there is a $ 70.00 difference, kind of disappointed that they are higher than Wholesale, but at least a person can shop and compare now, not just stuck with one outfitting store. I still have to see what Milarm and P&D and Badger ( out of MB) have for prices on the S&W.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been shopping for a handgun, and I went onto Cabela's Edmonton website and for a Smith and Wesson M&P45 it lists for $ 839.99 and at Wholesale it lists 'starting at' (?) $ 769.95. So there is a $ 70.00 difference, kind of disappointed that they are higher than Wholesale, but at least a person can shop and compare now, not just stuck with one outfitting store. I still have to see what Milarm and P&D and Badger ( out of MB) have for prices on the S&W.

well it looks like the price of going postal has gone up these days.

Top Bottom