Who wants to try this turbo Viper this year??

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will have some turbo Vipers in the fleet this year set up similar to this one that Cody Robertson built.

Ours will have the Chris Brown Skinz 36" front ends, Airframe running boards, seats and bumpers. Timbersled Mt. Tamer skids with Fox and Ice Age Rails. CR Racing tunnel extensions. FLY Bars. The new Slydog skis. And more...

Click here to ride these sleds this year: http://www.ridewithchrisbrown.com

www.ridewithchrisbrown.com

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592044.713845.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592044.713845.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 847
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592059.352400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592059.352400.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 849
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592073.067010.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383592073.067010.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 846

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will have some turbo Vipers in the fleet this year set up similar to this one that Cody Robertson built.

Ours will have the Chris Brown Skinz 36" front ends, Airframe running boards, seats and bumpers. Timbersled Mt. Tamer skids with Fox and Ice Age Rails. CR Racing tunnel extensions. FLY Bars. The new Slydog skis. And more...

Click here to ride these sleds this year: Ride With Chris Brown

Ride With Chris Brown

Its still a Yami tho :D

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be riding with you in February. Are you going to have them at your clinic in Mcbride? I would love to try one out.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at that machine for a few minutes and chatted with randy about it. Looked real nice. Definately needed intake outside the plastic. Wouldnt mind throwing a leg over one this year

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Looked at that machine for a few minutes and chatted with randy about it. Looked real nice. Definately needed intake outside the plastic. Wouldnt mind throwing a leg over one this year
Why would it need the intake outside the plastics? The Viper hoods and side panels have more venting than any sled out there. If it sticks out of the plastics then it would always be covered with snow in the deep stuff.
the Boondocker Apexes were horrible for covering the filter, and this intake would have to be in a similar spot.
we ran our Viper with the intake under the hood and it worked awesome.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would it need the intake outside the plastics? The Viper hoods and side panels have more venting than any sled out there. If it sticks out of the plastics then it would always be covered with snow in the deep stuff.
the Boondocker Apexes were horrible for covering the filter, and this intake would have to be in a similar spot.
we ran our Viper with the intake under the hood and it worked awesome.
My own bad assumptions...saw the machine in a semi naked state and the filter was tucked up against the side panel. Assumed it was covered over sucking in underhood air. Not many machines have much space for cool air anymore. If it has a nice cold air path and you can keep it underhood away from branches and protected from rollovers bonus.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris. I signed up for your mcbride clinic in feb. I haven't received a confirmation email yet. Everything still good?

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I'm curious for sure, whats that thing weigh?
MSO is 502........not bad for a 4 stroke. Hood and battery kill the platform. There is easily 25lbs to be had in those 2 items alone. I can see a 475 lb 4 Stroke in someone's arsenal soon :)CheersRS

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MSO is 502........not bad for a 4 stroke. Hood and battery kill the platform. There is easily 25lbs to be had in those 2 items alone. I can see a 475 lb 4 Stroke in someone's arsenal soon :)CheersRS

Hmmm I wonder if you turbo it and strip a little weight I'd be curious for sure! Could turn out to less than 475 which would be awesome!

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and rode all of the big manufacturers mountain sleds except Yamaha. I ride Cat right now because my dealer is awesome, is the only dealer in town and Cat is a pretty decent mountain sled. I've never considered a Yamaha because of the weight. I've spent the last 25 years and thousands of dollars lightening my mountain sleds, but if my dealer closed his doors tomorrow this sled would be at the top of my list to replace my Cats. I really like the looks of it, I love the reliability that Yamaha engines get even with boost on them and they are finally getting their weight down into something realistic.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe they didnt market the wieght on this thing harder at snowcheck time if they really are at the 500 mark with some easy wieght to be lost. I would have seriously considered one. I just figured they were the same cat chassis that are known for being freakin heavy so they would be similar. Where is the weight difference between the two?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but the Yamaha engine is lighter than the cat 4 stroke

Top Bottom