Who uses Zoleo ?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you figure that out before me let me know please.

Yup it’s pretty confusing, my budd has the 25 dollar a month plan with ZOLEO and does what he needs it too do. Sends check in messages and location, also has the sos button of issues arise. I honestly don’t need it to do much more than that . My vote at this point is ZOLEO , it’s smaller compact and worked good,

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look like Inreach minimum plan is $15 per month plus usage fees if you actually use it.

Attachments

• B19541EF-064D-4460-8539-D7C157DD79C3.jpg
    B19541EF-064D-4460-8539-D7C157DD79C3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 98

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look like Inreach minimum plan is $15 per month plus usage fees if you actually use it.

Which would add up being charged per transaction, I like too send check in texts at least once a day

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m thinking tracking is a nice feature, just don’t get lost and if they charge you 15 cents a ping.....ouch

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some misinformation on here about the InReach plans.

I have the basic $15 month plan and I keep it activated all year...I have never had any overage charges.

It has unlimited preset texts and the device always tracks your route with a breadcrumb trail...It's up to you if you want to send the track pings to the net for others viewing pleasure and its up to you if you want to send freestyle texts back and forth with someone. I have never sent a freestyle text and I have not enabled the Ping feature.

The preset texts are configured on your web page and synced to your device when it is connected to your computer. You can configure the pre set texts to say whatever you want and you can set it up so it sends the text to multiple people or a single person. You cannot change the preset messages from the interface on your device but you can configure and send a freestyle text anytime you want, but you will be charged for it.

My 3 presets are as follows:

Everything is OK

We are going to be delayed but everything is OK

We're in the Truck and on the way home

The people I send these texts to have been instructed to not respond to these texts as you will incur a charge for incoming texts. The messages also include your location so the person receiving the text can track your location. You could send a preset text every 5 minutes if you wanted to (manual Pinging) but I typically do it once or twice a ride. There is also a Bluetooth linked App for your phone so you can leave your device in your pack all day. After my Iphone and InReach are Bluetooth connected I can switch my phone to Airplane mode.

In a real emergency you can use the SOS or send and receive freestyle texts.

I have had the basic $15 month plan for over a year now and it works just fine for me...the wife is very happy with the arrangement. Every text I have sent from the device has been received by my wife...it has never failed to deliver.

I also send her a test text before I leave the house to make sure the device is working. Try to make sure your device is by a south facing window when turning the device on and testing the text feature...the test text will be sent much faster that way.

You can also send free texts between InReach devices and use the embedded location info for navigation to the sending device.

Your welcome...LOL

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I looked at both the 45 dollar a month plans for a comparison, looks like both systems have their pros and cons. For the zoleo I dunno why you would want to text with it over wifi? Cheaper unit to purchase and more free texting. 5dollar a month plan suspension.

Inreach tracking feature and more features in the plans, more expensive unit to purchase, no charge for plan suspension????

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I looked at both the 45 dollar a month plans for a comparison, looks like both systems have their pros and cons. For the zoleo I dunno why you would want to text with it over wifi? Cheaper unit to purchase and more free texting. 5dollar a month plan suspension.

Inreach tracking feature and more features in the plans, more expensive unit to purchase, no charge for plan suspension????

Inreach $3.95 plan suspension

Top Bottom