Who messes with RC Helicopters here?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, I've seen some of those LiPo fires on line before. Scary stuff. That would turn your house in a pile of ash in a hurry. I need one of those bags. I don't leave them unattended anyway.

Amazingly, I got the 300 back together and it didn't explode on takeoff! Thankfully Blade has videos online on how to take it apart and put it back. That slant pinion and gear are a bit quieter than stock.

Getting to the point where CP is starting to make sense, at least starting to fly circuits from different orientations. I can fly good circuits with the Nano, but still a bit gunshy with the big bird. Still makes me poop in my pants a little lol. It has a little bit of tail wag since going back together, but I think the tail boom is a bit cock eyed and not quite level.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Braddock54

The tail boom will only go in one way as it has a notch on one spot only and the little window to check the belt tension will line up with the window in the frame. It will get a bit of a wag if the belt is too tight. I really can't tell you how tight to have it, one you get it set you should lose the was and just remember then how tight it is by poking it through the window.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Excessive vibration on the 7200 will cause wag. Make sure it's not loose. Ive had that problem on the 300 before after a crash kit install. I found the gyro was a bit loose. Secured it better with foam and good to go.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SumX that's a great point also, if the tail case is put back together to tightly it will cause excessive vibrations too.

If you take the main blades off and spool it up you may also be able to pin point the point of the vibration by holding different points of the heli. It's the hi frequency vibes that will mess with the ar7200bx

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SumX that's a great point also, if the tail case is put back together to tightly it will cause excessive vibrations too.

If you take the main blades off and spool it up you may also be able to pin point the point of the vibration by holding different points of the heli. It's the hi frequency vibes that will mess with the ar7200bx

Thanks gents. Loosened off the tail boom and gave the belt a bit of slack. It was pretty tight. Took the blades off and spooled er up. Didn't seem to have it anymore, thanks! We'll see once it gets in the air again though.

Yes, there are worse places to live for sure lol.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Warning; this video contains no sweet flips or exceptional flying. Just some pansy'ish flying around lol.

Found an indoor place to fly, so the 300 is off the shelf again. Felt like I had to learn how to fly again after a two month hiatus. Nano is out with a burnt out motor. This gym is a little small but it's better than nothing. Got away with a little blade strike at the beginning.

Landing gear is the only thing I've broken so far, which I'm ok with. Got some gorilla gear skis coming..

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't flown my 400 in a couple years. I'm going to need to start all over again. Guess I should haul out the Phoenix Sim again.
Would love to find a good gymnasium for getting the mCPx up in the air again too.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta get that Nano CPX going, this gym would be a great spot. I should break down and buy a sim also.

This definitely something you have to do often to keep getting better. Use it or lose it for sure.

A 180 CFX might be a good size heli for indoor like this also.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been pretty quiet in here....

This has been one of my new time wasters this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you racing or looking to get into racing the minis? Ive been flying em for a couple years now and was looking into racing

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you racing or looking to get into racing the minis? Ive been flying em for a couple years now and was looking into racing

Not sure yet, wanted to see how I do first. No need to commit to anything if I'm terrible at it. Lol

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you wana go fly sometime let me know, always more fun flying with others, and if you dont have already, get a good supply of extra props, when you get agressive you brake em fast. What setup are you running for FPV?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 30 extra props. Lol

I have a fatshark 700tvl camera, a 200mw and a 600mw 5.8ghz video tx, & 7" monitor.

I'm running a BrainFPV board that is based on TauLabs software and Ground Control Station.

I am having a hard time tuning PID's and getting it locked it. Also TauLabs has a lot of features in the software, which I'm having trouble sorting through well trying to enable the GPS features.

This little thing is tough though, I have plowed it into the ground and watched the props break and fly off, the battery strap come undone, battery go flying and the camera end up 15ft away from the crash. Picked up all the parts, installed 2 new pros and was back in the air.

In a couple weeks I would be game for a fly, what area are you in? I'm in Sherwood park.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm done with Heli's. No time to fly. If anyone wants a LARGE collection of sweet choppers, let me know and I'll send you a list of what I have. 120, 300, 450, 2x500, 600...all electric.compass, align, blade..crash kits coming out the ying yang for everything. Batts, Chargers, radios, tools, simulator,you name it. I'd like to,sell,as a complete package.I got into another expensive hobby...

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 30 extra props. Lol

I have a fatshark 700tvl camera, a 200mw and a 600mw 5.8ghz video tx, & 7" monitor.

I'm running a BrainFPV board that is based on TauLabs software and Ground Control Station.

I am having a hard time tuning PID's and getting it locked it. Also TauLabs has a lot of features in the software, which I'm having trouble sorting through well trying to enable the GPS features.

This little thing is tough though, I have plowed it into the ground and watched the props break and fly off, the battery strap come undone, battery go flying and the camera end up 15ft away from the crash. Picked up all the parts, installed 2 new pros and was back in the air.

In a couple weeks I would be game for a fly, what area are you in? I'm in Sherwood park.

Ya mini's are pretty resilient. And seems like you got a decent setup.

Im in the northwest end of the city and usually fly with my buddy (owner of alberta cycle) out by his place on the westend, but can go almost anywhere there isnt crowds. I dont like flying these things around alot of bystanders incase it gets out of control.

Top Bottom