Who has used the Cutler Cold Air Intake?

kentz

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Cutler intake on a 09 M8? The system looks nice but I am worried about having exposed intakes in the nose cone of the sled. If anyone has used this setup I would like to know how the intakes hold up to tree bashing and such. I also have a full skid plate on the sled so not sure if it will work too well having to drill through two layers and sealing it up.

Thanks.

topsecret

Reaction score
I have the timbersled intake on my '10 m8 never had an issue (same type of design open cones)

kentz

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I talked to Cutler yesterday and they advised it would be a pain to install with the skid plate and it would be best to remove the skid plate. The frogskin elements won't stick to the skid plate plastic very well.

So I think I will just leave it stock for now, not worth the risk of running without a skid plate.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the snorkel system removed and just a frog skin over the hole where the hose connected on mine. Cheap way to open it up and I have had no issues. Frogskins on all vents as well and sealed the holes in the nose very well.

killerrf

Reaction score
i have the cutler cold air on my m1 and it works good. like any cold air setup you have to do lots of extra work to seal things up so minimal snow buildup occurs. i have a skid plate on mine but i just cut the sides of the skid plate where the frog skins would go. if you thru some bush you will eventually rub a hole or two in them. i just use a little auto goop to plug the holes.
i like being able to gut the hood of all that crap and then it quick to remove hood and put it back on.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the cutler cold air on my m1 and it works good. like any cold air setup you have to do lots of extra work to seal things up so minimal snow buildup occurs. i have a skid plate on mine but i just cut the sides of the skid plate where the frog skins would go. if you thru some bush you will eventually rub a hole or two in them. i just use a little auto goop to plug the holes.
i like being able to gut the hood of all that crap and then it quick to remove hood and put it back on.

i cut my skid plate and put some vents on the sides (got mine from menz toys) protects the material real nice.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on my sled. It looks awesome on your sled, really slick. That's usual for a cutler product though. BUT I did have to slowly trim material here and there on the cold air shield to fit it like I wanted. I noticed on deep days that she'd gets clogged and bog. Some people tell me it's the exhaust plugging, but as soon as I remove the cold air shield, she'd bog less. So I put in two 2" vents in it to draw under hood air. I used to run without the block plate when it was really deep snow but am thinking now of fabbing something different in there. Maybe pull fresh air from another source. OR somehow partition off the entire frontal area of the nose cone and hood and have it be your cold air intake. Just ideas.

Cutler's instructions also indicate that you have two choices in cutting your nose cone vents. I DO NOT suggest cutting it all out, it will break bust tear rip and then you're SOL. I have had a stump go through my nose cone but nothing else has hurt it- saplings, snow drifts, ice drifts etc...
I found a good pattern online searching believe it or not, Polka Dots. I've attached it for your drilling enjoyment. Another suggestion is to use a brand new sharpened bit, even put on a drill stop collar. DO NOT use a spade bit, it's messy and doesn't leave a clean hole.

The google keywords are 'marisa lerin flower polka dot' and it should show up in the pictures section. Print out a bunch of sheets, trace out your frogskinz or whatever vent pattern you have, pick your bit size and start your drilling.

Attachments

• marisa-lerin-flower-polka-dot-pattern-template-overlay-commercial-use.jpg
    marisa-lerin-flower-polka-dot-pattern-template-overlay-commercial-use.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 116
  • marisa-lerin-flower-polka-dot-pattern-template-overlay-commercial-use.pdf
    419.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Top Bottom