Who carries c3 belts around Calgary

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew a belt need a spare also anyone having issues with boosted sleds and belt drives how much boost u running

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my gates carbon gt from BC Bearing in Red Deer any brg belt shop should be able to order it for you or depending on the belt numbe Teth-Air on here may have one in stock if it is the same as the TKI drive belt

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try out bc bearing just off blackfoot they carry a ton of cog belts and stuff.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew a belt need a spare also anyone having issues with boosted sleds and belt drives how much boost u running

how tight are you running it? heard if its too tight it may cause problems. When it gets hot the teeth expand and it actually gets tighter.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my bigbore xp and tension was critical on it. I also had one of his first kits so once I got the update and the proper tension figured I never had a problem.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the one that blew it was on it when I bought the sled made about 30k and it let go I'm running it about same as a chain feels loose on the belt but not slipping and pounded it really hard at 12psi and no prob but not sure what the proper tension is supposed to b

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went threw about a dozen belts so far, few things I learnt is as soon as you install belt new, make sure it is tight enough not to ratchet, if it ratchets just a few times it smooth's off belt edges on the ribs and its shot.... on the turbo sled I just recently had my longest running belt, and the answer I found is tighter is better than looser, I had installed new tight, the after first ride retightened and so far after 4 day its been perfect

running a belt loose is great, I you can, but on big power it needs to be tight... this is what blet manufacture had said

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How tight I just wound the adjuster in by hand snug then jammed it up there prod going down to 7.5 lbs boost also just got a set of springs in the mail today

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I had did it that tight I would ratchet on first spool... my gearing is 27/67

jay_boom

Reaction score
I just installed the C3 syncrodrive on mine and have 190 miles on it. I did blow one belt the first day but i landed on hard packed snow under full boost. I am running 8 lbs. once i put the new belt on i went to C3 in sicamous since we were riding there and Kevin checked everything out for me. Tension is very important with the system. It also depends which belt you have, the blue lined gates or the grey lines mitsobishi. The mitso needs to be a little tighter, specs are in the instructions.

Top Bottom