Whitecourt Trail System

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning to visit Whitecourt this winter. We are a family of four with two Polaris touring machines looking to enjoy our second winter. Just wondering how family friendly these trails are, ie: steep hills, groomed areas, etc. We spent most of last winter in Ministik, and did the AB beach, and Seba Beach rallys.

We always go out with another family of four set up with similar touring Skidoos.

Are the Whitecourt trails pretty comparable to where we have been?

A bit of info would be appreciated. Also any ideas on getting a map of the Edson trail system?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I attended a poker rally one year and the trails were phenominal. I don't recall any sorta of dangers, their is clearings of powder with a couple hills on the sides off the trail.

kanders

Reaction score
I have ridden there many times in the past few years with my family and really like it when there is enough snow. Lots of area and it connects to the the Golden triangle (Swan Hills and Edson/silver summit area) also both good family areas.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. I can't wait for the snow to fall!!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning to visit Whitecourt this winter. We are a family of four with two Polaris touring machines looking to enjoy our second winter. Just wondering how family friendly these trails are, ie: steep hills, groomed areas, etc. We spent most of last winter in Ministik, and did the AB beach, and Seba Beach rallys.

We always go out with another family of four set up with similar touring Skidoos.

Are the Whitecourt trails pretty comparable to where we have been?

A bit of info would be appreciated. Also any ideas on getting a map of the Edson trail system?

Our trails are very family friendly and the Eagle River Staging area on hwy 32 just off of hwy 43 is a great place to start from. There are maps available on the website or they can be picked up at local shops in town, IGA, Esso, etc... ASA Trail passes are required on our trial system. Once we have enough snow, all of our trails will be getting groomed and our complete 450 km trail system will be open this year as we have been working closely with SRD and the forestry companies in town to be sure that they are not using our trails as logging roads this winter. We maintain 3 warm up cabins throughout the trail system and you can ride from Whitecourt to Edson or get on the Golden Triangle that goes to Swan Hills, Fox Creek, and back. Feel free to PM me if you are looking for specific info. Also keep an eye on our website as the facelift on it will be completed soon. It will be much more informative and updated frequently.

Last edited:

canadakevin

Reaction score
In my opinion Whitecourt is the perfect place to take the family - we have been up there several times with our kids and I rate the trail system second to none - plus the warm up cabins are a great place to stop and have lunch.

You will not be disappointed.

I do not mean any disrespect to other other clubs that join up with Whitecourt's trail system by this comment - but I can say if you are taking your family I would suggest staying on the trails that the Whitecourt clubs maintain - they are buy far in better shap from my experience and your family will have a more enjoyable day.

Also if you have a GPS take it as the maps are marked awesome and the trails have numbers that correspond so you will always know where you are even if you take a "wrong" turn.

Hope that helps a little,

Kevin

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do day passes? We dont own sleds but thinking if we have enough snow this year it would be nice to rent some for a day and go riding out there.

funrider

Reaction score
my family and I really love to ride the trails there my kids 17,14,12,8 all enjoy the area thanks to all involved you make :) faces all around you will have a great time I have bought trail passes the same day as well as a membership
:perfect10:

Top Bottom