Whitecourt Camping & Quading

rebel7777

Reaction score
First time poster, looking for information on where to quad around whitecourt. I have heard of the windfall area; we typically do off the road camping vs the paid stall thing (not to many sites like quads), so I assume camping is ok in this area as well as quading?

Any suggestions or other areas for quading /camping would be appreciated.

Thanks Rich.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time poster, looking for information on where to quad around whitecourt. I have heard of the windfall area; we typically do off the road camping vs the paid stall thing (not to many sites like quads), so I assume camping is ok in this area as well as quading?

Any suggestions or other areas for quading /camping would be appreciated.

Thanks Rich.

Windfall is an awesome area to camp and to quad around, near the Athabasca River... just west of Whitecourt about 15 - 20 minutes. Just make sure you are registered and insured on your ATV.

rebel7777

Reaction score
Any ideas as where to go? I haven't been to this area before. We've been to Grande Cache & the Edson Areas. Is there any issues with camping in the back country there?

Airborne30

Reaction score
I was there almost a month ago. West side of hwy 43. Camped back in there near atv trails. Lots of muskeg and tons of water.
Get a backroad mapbook. Some trails are marked in there for Whitecourt area.

rebel7777

Reaction score
I was there almost a month ago. West side of hwy 43. Camped back in there near atv trails. Lots of muskeg and tons of water.
Get a backroad mapbook. Some trails are marked in there for Whitecourt area.

Sorry, we usually do it old school, trial & lost;), but I would like to know where can I get one of these books? I do have a Garmin GPS, any maps would be appreciated as well.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Sorry, we usually do it old school, trial & lost;), but I would like to know where can I get one of these books? I do have a Garmin GPS, any maps would be appreciated as well.

Mapbooks are at Crappy Tire, Safeway. $ 24.95 each, We have5 of them. We also have the All of Alberta one that is the SD card version, $ 150.00 at Fishing Hole.

Muddy Milers ATV Club

rebel7777

Reaction score
Rich, Do you have any of the Garmin MapSource Programs in/on your Computer?

Bruce.

Just found my disc for TOPO Canada V4 (not enough detail), took a while, which loads basecamp software. I do have the Oiltrax NT loaded as well. BUt I'm looking more for camping spots and quad trails than oil & gas leases.

rebel7777

Reaction score
Mapbooks are at Crappy Tire, Safeway. $ 24.95 each, We have5 of them. We also have the All of Alberta one that is the SD card version, $ 150.00 at Fishing Hole.

Muddy Milers ATV Club

I'll stop in a CrappyTire tomorrow and see if they have anything,

BruteCamo

Reaction score
So, would anybody have any suggestions for some kid friendly(little quad) trails in the area.....hopefully close to a random camping area that would accomodate some larger trailers????
I've only ever seen the place covered in snow!!! Thanks!!

Top Bottom