White privilege

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ideal blackmartyr.. Very hard to understand.

In the most powerful country on the planet it's people say goodbye to one ofits best sons.

Even presidents are not buried like this.

A golden coffin, hundreds of thousands of mourners and sobbing, thousands ofkneeling apologize to the black population of some states.

The Mayor of Minneapolis clutching the coffin with the body of the most worthyof the worthy citizens of America.

His sobs are interrupted by cries of "SOO.......OOOORY” again continue onthe rise.

Choking on saliva, the ex-wife of the murdered weeps, though the last time shesaw him was 6 years ago.

That's when he left her with her three-month-old daughter. He hadn't sentalimony to his daughter over the years.

However, the unhappy widow has been crying for a week that she was left withouta breadwinner. Therefore compassionate Americans collected oodles of money forher.

She’s received around $ 20,000,000 from the world and money continues to flowin.

The University of Massachusetts has established a George Floyd scholarship.

The great Floyd's rap sheet listed robberies, for drug trafficking, for armedrobberies
(last time, holding a pregnant woman by the throat and putting a gun barrel toher belly while demanding money).

Then he worked a deal with the investigators. Floyd handed over all hisaccomplices so they reduced his sentence by several years.

Floyd's autopsy revealed drugs in his blood. This is the national hero ofAmerica of the 21st century.
But there were followers. The Floyd love affair lives and grows.

Mass robberies and violence, as a sign of respect and grief for George, sweptthe US and now grow into a world wide event. The most beautiful areas of ourcities, including New York and Los Angeles, plus many others have now beendestroyed. Probably never to return to their former elegance.

89 policemen were killed.

A 17-year-old girl was terribly raped, hundreds of police cars, streets,squares, parks were burned .

US presidential candidate Joe Biden also fell to his knees.

This didn’t bother hundreds of thousands of admirers of “St. Floyd”. Ontheir knees?!
I just watched the Democratic leaders of Congress kneel in the halls ofCongress for about 9 minutes for the death of a black man named George Floyd.

I have never seen them kneel for a fallen POLICE OFFICER.

I have never seen them kneel for a fallen SOLDIER.

I have never seen them kneel for a MURDERED white man or woman.
I have never seen them kneel for the THOUSANDS of black on black murdervictims.
I have never seen them kneel for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of elderly people thatdied in our nursing homes due to the Coronavirus.
I have to ask WHY are our Democrat leaders acknowledging the life of GeorgeFloyd, as being MORE valuable than the lives of everyone else?????

Sent ya rep for that one!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a good read on the subject written by a person of color, and why the current movement will solve nothing, especially considering it's a problem that doesn't really exist.

"When surveying the tremendous complexity of racial disparities, it’s simply wrong to presuppose all whites are “privileged,” let alone racist. Using the despicable actions of a few to judge an entire group of people is never sound reasoning."

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/the-f...g2QBEouu6kbmk7gy5zA7HTFBebe_-cHbUbs_MH_bIXDQc

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will protest to change the name of “white superior” engines?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I recently watched 13th on Netflicks... gives you a different perspective of the issues....worth the watch in my small opinion...

View attachment 226904

I watched it. I felt it neglected the factor that many people were breaking the law many times, and didn't propose a solution to that fundamental issue or a better alternative to the system in place.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched it. I felt it neglected the factor that many people were breaking the law many times, and didn't propose a solution to that fundamental issue or a better alternative to the system in place.
From an American perspective I guess I see your point but watching it as Canadian it served as an example of what we don't want to see here. That would be privatization of the prison facilities which leads to fewer services to actually rehabilitate eligible inmates because costs are cut to protect and increase profit margin. The lack of services leads to a cycle of recidivism. Couple that with strong lobby of government, from a now multi-billion dollar industry, to create and enforce laws which lead to increased incarceration and suddenly you have a huge prison population with little actual chance of ever breaking the cycle of crime because the for profit system wants the inmates to return back to prison.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From an American perspective I guess I see your point but watching it as Canadian it served as an example of what we don't want to see here. That would be privatization of the prison facilities which leads to fewer services to actually rehabilitate eligible inmates because costs are cut to protect and increase profit margin. The lack of services leads to a cycle of recidivism. Couple that with strong lobby of government, from a now multi-billion dollar industry, to create and enforce laws which lead to increased incarceration and suddenly you have a huge prison population with little actual chance of ever breaking the cycle of crime because the for profit system wants the inmates to return back to prison.

Maybe, if sentences were harsher, combined with a realization That severe consequences is the norm, there wouldn’t be as many first time criminals, and then likely a reduction in repeat incarceration ?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fair point. What you call out is definitely a mechanism that should be avoided, of incentives for increased incarceration in the hands of powerful people.

I don't have an answer. I have just always felt that evidence and respect for scientific process in determining what is A Better Way is not even on the radar of anyone involved in this system. The policies we live by are always made by 'what plays in media' and 'optics' and 'politics' rather than 'what is proven to improve the overall situation.'

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe, if sentences were harsher, combined with a realization That severe consequences is the norm, there wouldn’t be as many first time criminals, and then likely a reduction in repeat incarceration ?
Quit making sense!:nono:

:D

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually it does explain that. It also explains how many people get thrown in prison for all kinds of false reasons. It would really suck to get thrown in prison and ruin your chances in life for such petty stuff that I did and got away with as a kid, as did most people I know. Once imprisoned down there you are virtually insuring that ex-cons have no choice but to live a life of crime.

The BLM movement has many issues as does the extreme left don't get me wrong. But most of the arguments in this thread are no better. The issue is very nuanced and not as binary as left wing and right wing propaganda would have you believe.

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is a common cliche that has been tried so many times, and proven to be ineffective. AKA a false theory.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often feel like Canada is too soft on crime and goes light on sentencing but the solution isn't just as simple as harsher penalties. The USA has by far the largest proportion of its population behind bars due to stricter sentencing and some states even have 3 strike laws that land you mandatory life sentences but crime is still out of control there. Pretty clear evidence there needs to be an element of support and education for felons as well to break the cycle of crime.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a common cliche that has been tried so many times, and proven to be ineffective. AKA a false theory.

No it's because it's never been done properly, it's done half a$$ed and doesn't work. Criminals don't fear prison because it's like a vacation. First off, any sentence over 10 years is retarded and the chance of reintegration into society is incredibly low, anything over 10 years should be death penalty and not this sit on death row for years, once the appeal period is done get it over with, these people are a waste of money keeping alive for no good reason. Secondly, they should be forced to work in jails, chain gangs again cleaning up the highways, etc if they don't work they don't eat. People need to fear going to jail because it's hell and crime rates will go down. And if it doesn't drop right away? It will soon if enough of them are dead. It should be a 3 strike rule, 3 offences at any point as an adult should be death penalty, none of this 30, 40, 50 offences.

I do think there should be more services available to teenagers to try and keep them out of jail in the first place and all the people in jail for having drugs on them only for personal use is stupid.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at Sweden and Norway's prison systems, they have low rates of incarceration and low re-offend rates when compared to the rest of the developed world. Why? Because they treat inmates as people and have extensive training and rehabilitation programs to help inmates reintegrate as useful members of society. They do have a limit though, people that aren't releasable are treated like the criminals they are, the man that committed the mass shootings in 2011 of the youth summer camp will spend everyday of the rest of his life in solitary confinement.

From an economic perspective it's far cheaper to spend money on rehab and training on an inmate for a few years than it is to pay to house that inmate in prison for life.

"If you lock up people like animals, animals are exactly what they become."

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it's because it's never been done properly, it's done half a$$ed and doesn't work. Criminals don't fear prison because it's like a vacation. First off, any sentence over 10 years is retarded and the chance of reintegration into society is incredibly low, anything over 10 years should be death penalty and not this sit on death row for years, once the appeal period is done get it over with, these people are a waste of money keeping alive for no good reason. Secondly, they should be forced to work in jails, chain gangs again cleaning up the highways, etc if they don't work they don't eat. People need to fear going to jail because it's hell and crime rates will go down. And if it doesn't drop right away? It will soon if enough of them are dead. It should be a 3 strike rule, 3 offences at any point as an adult should be death penalty, none of this 30, 40, 50 offences.

I do think there should be more services available to teenagers to try and keep them out of jail in the first place and all the people in jail for having drugs on them only for personal use is stupid.

All I can say is feel free to look into it, your above scenarios of extreme penalties can often backfire, incentivizng criminals to do worse crimes. Prison is far from a vacation, particularly in the US.

Top Bottom