whistler where to ride ??

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are maken the trek to suqamish to ride the 28 1 2 3 and would like to hook up with someone who knows the best areas. Any info would be great and appreciated. We can ride and are equipped with gear.

Thanks Chris

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i took my son to calahan valley last feb. the area is called chocolate bowl or brandy whine. its approximately 30 minutes past squamish on the left. you will see the small sign on the right "calahan valley" . once you take the left off the highway you start to go up hill its your next left...not far off the highway, follow that road past a recycle dump i think it will take you to a massive staging area. i went monday tues wed first week of feb...they werent collecting trail fees. there is a club at the start of the trail. you can ride past it and to the right.....we couldnt get into chocolate bowl because an avalanche came down accross the trail so we chickened out. hope that helps...oh and stay out of the cat ski area...wink wink !! the get pissy about that but the snow was untouched so ive been told.
Powder Rips Whistler B.C Turbo/Bigbore - YouTube

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also check with the guys at no limits rentals in squamish.
forget there names but they were helpful to me when i went.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your a Polaris dealer you should try and hook up with Dan Treadway

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of your best choices is "Brandywine", it's approx. 40min. from Squamish before Whistler. Its very easy to find as your heading towards Whistler it is on the left side with "Brandywine snowmobile riding area" sign on highway. Just turn off and fallow road to parking area to unload. Pay the dude then fallow trail system to avalanche alley, then take any trail from there to get on the icefields. Self explanatory if your an experienced sledder.
Take lots of extra fuel, its idea to drop some at gas drop and carry some on sled. It is a HUGE area with enormous climbs and you will suck your fuel very quickly.
It is also advisable to carry 2 spare drive belts. There is NOTHING along the Alberta/BC border that compares, not Revy, Eagles, Valmount to the icefields.
DONOT go if its socked in, there are no recognizable landmarks persay or tree's on the icefields, overnight snowfalls can exceed 4-5ft.
The Pemberton icefields which is the area your looking into going is the grand daddy of mountian sledding and where Turboes dominate, if you riding a non turbo sled and it dumps even 2ft you will be very limited to where you will be able to go.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks man.........still looken for some one to ride with also.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This morning in Whistler. Looks like it will be a good few days coming up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris I can show you guys around Brandywine on Saturday if you like. Bring extra fuel
i bought the Glassmans 13 Pro this past fall

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last 2 weeks were epic .. getting super warm now for the next few days unfortunately, but more snow in the forecast march 4th

we're having our snowarama event at the brandywine parking lot on march 1st... if you are in the area stop by and say hi, you'll meet all the local shops and lots of riders.

It's a charity event that supports the easter seals camps for kids with disabilities.
https://www.facebook.com/events/718572021494357

There's going to be bbq, music, sweet raffle prizes (snowpulse bag, beacon shovel probe, sled parts and service, gear) and lots of people to show you around brandywine .. it's a big zone!

Shoot me a pm, I live in squamish and can point you to a few different zones depending on what you are looking for.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys thanks !!!!! 780-217-9141 is my number call me please so I can get your numbers or pm me if you want. Im flying out at 7 tonight so I will be in town by 9 thanks everyone.

Top Bottom