Whistler-Pemberton and beyond official 2010-11 Thread

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up the Hurly today checking out conditions. Unloaded at about 23K not to far from the pass. Only knee deep snow at the pass. Road has been plowed/packed but is OK for a road ride. Went to the last landing on the Hope creek road and turned around. Only knee deep there as well. Checked out if you could ride to Bralorne but turned around a few clicks past Hope creek , to much rocks for me. It is snowing so could be Ok in a few days. Unfortunately the snow that is there has all faceted. What was looking like a good base for the season is no more and this base layer will probably be a persistent weak layer all year. If you haven’t taking an avy course yet this would be the year to sign up for one.

Ray

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
25cm new at the house this morning. Sled on!

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had a few people tell me brohm is going off, and you can now unload at the base of brandywine and ride all the way up to the alpine. i cant confirm but rumors sound good at least!

gmustangt

Reaction score
I'm looking to head to brohm this weekend either fri sat or sun, I'm free all those days.
Never ridden there wondering if any guys are gonna be up there any of those days and wouldn't mind a guy tagging along??
Send me a pm!
I'm dying to get out there!

Cheers

bones01

Reaction score
i'd offer but i'm with the kid in seattle for lacrosse

you could always go to the lot and look for somone

gmustangt

Reaction score
True,
I assume everyone unloads at the cat lake parking lot?
The parking areas obvious and can't be missed, is there a sign saying cat lake parking?
Thx

bones01

Reaction score
i don't think there is a sign out front and the turn off is on a bend to the left. if you come to brohm lake you've just passed it turn around at brohm lake parking lot. should be wicked up there and with the snow coming in slow i would think the the tail to big bowl would be punched in. have fun!!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up the Hurley again on Sunday with a Pub run to Bralorne with the wife. Snow is still pretty skinny on the switch backs. I saw some guys unload at the 5K sort and I unloaded about 11K. With good snow tire and a deck you could have unloaded at 17K where backcountry snowcats are parking. Snow at the pass was waist deep and was pretty good to the Hope creek turn off. Even into Bralorne it wasn’t to bad but cold at -15C. 25-35cm forecasted for the next few days and should be able to get up into the alpine then

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

went up brandywine today, bad news is that there are some fallen logs accross the track going into avalanche gully, so you can't get up into the alpine. Keep in mind if you take the top road from the top carpark, you could get to a small zone that has some fun spots, though it was heaverly tracked.

i will try to upload some pics tomorrow night.

P

ren

Reaction score
Lost my red Voile T6 Shovel in the Brandywine parking lot today. If anyone comes across it please IM me or text me @ 604-907-2233.
Thanks

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up the Hurley again. Broke trail up Hope Creek, Chest deep up there. The Upper Liilooet FSR is plowed so you need to unload at 9k but the Dumb ass never plowed out any parking.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awsome day up Headquarters. Not so much for my buddy that bent his A arms

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
70 - 100cm forecast for the next few days. :)

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke trail up Rutherford today. Chest deep at the meadows and wait deep at Appa lake.

H2O

Reaction score
Went up Sproatt yesterday same conditions. To bad it was so freakin foggy.

Top Bottom