which tires

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff;
I recomend four of those old Honda big red balloon tires that are on the front....................WHY ,some of you may ask:
When you get run over................
*No tread marks on your hide.
*Very soft almost balloon like sensation as the 900 rolls over you..............

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff;
I recomend four of those old Honda big red balloon tires that are on the front....................WHY ,some of you may ask:
*Very soft almost balloon like sensation as the 900 rolls over you..............

Great idea. I will start shopping. So the next time I get run over won't hurt.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokian winter ice dune stars may be just the ticket....................

now nev, zillas are great tires, but not a great rock tire, terrain at maclean creek is steep rock climbs gravel ,sharp rock, with mud at the lower creek xing area.s zillas won't last. that is my experience, i'd see what guys are having best success in BC area's as that is similar terrain.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff;

i'm thinkin he'd be better off standing behind a tree.

sapper33

Reaction score
I've had pretty decent luck with Mudlites as a do everything tire. I've got 27x10s and 27x12's on my Rincon, and 26x9's and 26x12's on my 650i Brute.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good n grubby sort of sumed it up with his remark on the bighorns.... i had big's on my 07 Rene for 6600k and now on my 10 xxc rene for 7100k and of course i syiped or grooved my bighorns myself...
i have no studs and there was not one hill in maclean creek that ever stopped me going up in the winter.... now that said, lots i ride with have the zilla's.. they are very light tires but the thread if seperated more, so they dig down into the snow.. when you have a tire with lots of knobs on it, it creates surface area and these type of tires when spinning will float easier on top unstead of digging to the bottom..
now everyone with zilla's that ride with makes it too but i have seen where the zilla's don't make it and the big's did.. i have the orignal big's..lugs are bigger but are a touch heavier than the big 2's..
thats my recommendation.. less sidewall flex too in the big's for more cornering abilitly...

it seems too that the big's stand up to way more punishment than the zilla's.. these last two summers everyone i ride with has fixxed there zilla's.. in 15000k i have had one sidewall damage..
and you all know how i ride...
but for summer the zilla's out edge the big's in the mud.. i do exceptional well but then i don't do looking for the seat deep pits either....lol

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bearclaw (Kenda) makes a new tire.. some of the can-am gncc guys really like them.. lots of knobs and look like they would be a good winter performance tire too besides the big's.. weight is important too.. check weight cause heavier tires make your quad slower.. thats a fact.. so if you want the same performance as stock.. try to stay to a tire that is light and has a lot of biteing edges.. or clutch the bike back to health! ..lol

Last edited:

tvdave

Reaction score
I run 27" ITP 589's on my renegade 800 & they are horrible in the winter. I just finished grooving them with my tire groover & I am going to be testing them out this weekend in the snow. My buddy runs 27.5" pitbull growlers on his renegade 800. He goes past me no matter how deep the snow or how slippery the ice is. they are wearing very well also. they are a little bigger than I would want, but when I buy new tires I would have a hard time not buying pitbulls. My daughter runs Kenda Bear Claws on her Can Am DS250 & they work very well in the snow as well.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the stock dirts hooks by bridgestone and got 10 000 km on them and still going strong good in mud gravel snow be getting another set when they are shot great tires

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are these tires for mud snow ice etc has any one tried these?
or are
better

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got out on my zillas last weekend and they worked perfectly on the snowy hils. Granted, the hills weren't icy yet but they did perform significantly better than a friend's mud lites.

I was just looking at the tire weights:
27x12x12 Swamp Lite = 30 lb
27x12x12 Mud Lite = 27.8 lb
28x12x12 Zilla = 27.6 lb
28x12x11 Zilla = 24.3 lb
(no 27x12 in my chart)

I'd take the zillas any day over the mud lites. If you are considering the zillas, remeber that they are a little smaller that they advertise - a 28 is a little closer to 27. What kind of machine do you have?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mud Lite XTR's

I like my XTR's becuase they wear pretty well, ride really well in both mud and trails, and take a chit load of abuse. However, they are heavy, don't clean near as well as Zillas in the mud, and completely suck on ice.

I love my Zillas. So far, the only complaint I have is that they collect grass in the beads. In fact, I expected my 28" zillas to corner really crappy on 12" rims but they perform as good or better than my 26" XTR's.

Last edited:

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you get your tires and what do think the price would be for those 28x12x11 they look lite enough and I could put all for on with out steering problems. do you have pics of the tread design

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you get your tires and what do think the price would be for those 28x12x11 they look lite enough and I could put all for on with out steering problems. do you have pics of the tread design

I put 12's on the back and 11's on the front with no steering problems whatsoever. ...$600 with mounting included at Rapid Revolutions in Edmonton.

Here's the rear, left is the 26x11 XTR and right is the 28x12 Zilla.

Here's the front, left is the 28x11 Zilla and right is the 28x10 XTR

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now I just need to find a place in Calgary with a great deal like you got, 28's ya baby

Top Bottom