Which should I get Scrambler 850 LE or Renegade 800R XXC?

TACPNAGY

Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding between the 2 best Sport 4x4s out there. Looking for an unbiased opinion for which is better between the 2 ATV’s when you get the best package LE and X XC respectively. I have heard such things as Can-Am makes a high quality product but have heard negatives about it as well. I have heard the Scrambler rides amazingly better than the Renegade but has its problems. The usage for this bike will be wood racing. Money isn’t too big of a concern as I want to get the best I can buy. So, don’t let the Can-Am be your choice just because it comes with beadlock tires. If I was to go buy beadlocks for the Scrambler would it be the better choice? More than willing to make the easy fix if that is the only reason. Please give the reason why one is better and the reasons why the other is worse. Looking to build my complete knowledge about these 2 awesome bikes and make a good informative decision.

I have a feeling this will start an epic argument....

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive owned 4 Canams 3 of them Renegade XXC I'd stick with them never had any issues that weren't caused by me hitting an object at speed lol

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO, you can't go wrong with either one. Both have great power. The ergonomics, ride and handling are quite different with each machine. If you can swing it, test ride both and decide what fits you best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding between the 2 best Sport 4x4s out there. Looking for an unbiased opinion for which is better between the 2 ATV’s when you get the best package LE and X XC respectively. I have heard such things as Can-Am makes a high quality product but have heard negatives about it as well. I have heard the Scrambler rides amazingly better than the Renegade but has its problems. The usage for this bike will be wood racing. Money isn’t too big of a concern as I want to get the best I can buy. So, don’t let the Can-Am be your choice just because it comes with beadlock tires. If I was to go buy beadlocks for the Scrambler would it be the better choice? More than willing to make the easy fix if that is the only reason. Please give the reason why one is better and the reasons why the other is worse. Looking to build my complete knowledge about these 2 awesome bikes and make a good informative decision.

I have a feeling this will start an epic argument....

Both good quads and will get you to the fishing hole.......

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode this winter with 3 scramblers. Also had a chance to drive one of them.

Great power and handling.

All 3 guys had no issues with them.

TACPNAGY

Reaction score
Smokin,
Why such a fan of the Scrambler? And why not the Renegade? I have just heard the Can-Am is better quality. Also, I guess the biggest reason I am confused between the 2 bikes is because I know the Scrambler is better suited for what I am going to do. Almost every review says the Scrambler is better for the woods where it is un-even terrian. The ride is smoother and floats over obstacles. But I have heard the Can-Am is a higher quality. I would rather go with the bike that will last longer than the one that might be best suited for me. Bottom line I guess is I have been leaning toward the Scrambler anyway, but I have heard reviews that Can-Am bikes just last longer.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away for Polaris and stick with Can am personally

TACPNAGY

Reaction score
Why do you not like Polaris? or do you just like Can-Am that much?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away for Polaris and stick with Can am personally

Please elaborate. Give people, other than Can Am faithful, a reason to believe your post is legitimate.

Reactions: LBZ

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris are harder to work on and are not built as well in my opinion and I buy and sell ATVs as a hobby so I'd say I'm pretty knowledgeable but its just an opinion

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris are harder to work on and are not built as well in my opinion and I buy and sell ATVs as a hobby so I'd say I'm pretty knowledgeable but its just an opinion

Interesting. I'm a mechanic and after owning Polaris' and helping friends with their BRP products, I'd definitely give the nod to Polaris for ease of repair and I say this having worked on both brands, not because "I buy and sell ATVs as a hobby". I'd also say both companies have their share of problems with their products. As I stated before, both are good units. Ride both and decide what fits you best.

TACPNAGY

Reaction score
Thanks for the words High Velocity and gordhunt. Seems to be the running trend, both are great, and both have their problems. Going to come down to which I feel rides best for me, and probably which one I fit on best since I am 6'8".
Interesting. I'm a mechanic and after owning Polaris' and helping friends with their BRP products, I'd definitely give the nod to Polaris for ease of repair and I say this having worked on both brands, not because "I buy and sell ATVs as a hobby". I'd also say both companies have their share of problems with their products. As I stated before, both are good units. Ride both and decide what fits you best.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have actually owned both, power is better on the 850, more similar to the 1000 can am, Polaris ride is far better, but reliability is not as good on the Polaris, ie: bushings, ball joints. Brakes on the can am are terrible as well as the clutches. Ride them both and the decision will be more than obvious, if you are truly unbiased.

TACPNAGY

Reaction score
I have actually owned both, power is better on the 850, more similar to the 1000 can am, Polaris ride is far better, but reliability is not as good on the Polaris, ie: bushings, ball joints. Brakes on the can am are terrible as well as the clutches. Ride them both and the decision will be more than obvious, if you are truly unbiased.
I currently own a Grizzly so I am unbaised between these two. I hear there is a misconseption with the rough ride of the renegade. It comes from the factory at the stiffest setting which would make a bumpy ride. Did you change the setting and still think the Scrambler rode better?

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently own a Grizzly so I am unbaised between these two. I hear there is a misconseption with the rough ride of the renegade. It comes from the factory at the stiffest setting which would make a bumpy ride. Did you change the setting and still think the Scrambler rode better?
Doesn't matter what you do it doesn't ride the same. Like I said once you actually drive the machines and for more than 10 minutes, your decision should become easier.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having had to make the same decision back in April I can tell you I'm glad I bought a scrambler over the renegade. Having rode and worked on both machines and brands for some time I find that polaris is just easier. Easier to go fast, smoother and easier to keep on top of maintenance. Rad cleaning is just an example. Can am has a great motor and lots of nice features but looking at the amount of time I put in cleaning and lubricating the machine. Just as an example, running a grease gun over both machines, polaris is half the time and effort. The shocks on the can am are of better quality, with better adjustments. Polaris bushings are crap lol. But an easy fix. There is a $250 kit that remedies that point. And as a full size guy as well, I fit the scrambler better. My two cents

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having had to make the same decision back in April I can tell you I'm glad I bought a scrambler over the renegade. Having rode and worked on both machines and brands for some time I find that polaris is just easier. Easier to go fast, smoother and easier to keep on top of maintenance. Rad cleaning is just an example. Can am has a great motor and lots of nice features but looking at the amount of time I put in cleaning and lubricating the machine. Just as an example, running a grease gun over both machines, polaris is half the time and effort. The shocks on the can am are of better quality, with better adjustments. Polaris bushings are crap lol. But an easy fix. There is a $250 kit that remedies that point. And as a full size guy as well, I fit the scrambler better. My two cents
Got a link to a site with this kit? Buddy just found his were worn out 5 months into riding the machine. Was going to replace with stock again.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the guy is on this forum as well, jccapri , I contacted him thru polarisatvforum. He has different kits depends on what you require. If you need a phone number just send a pm and I will reply.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the scrambler. i have worked on both and the polaris is just way easier to do anything to and plus i am a pure polaris kinda guy. my vote also goes to jccarpri bushings been running them on my 850 and over 2500km on them and everything is still tight as new where the factory ones lasted 1500km.

Top Bottom