which quad

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think you would be suprised how much quicker the brutes are once you put the fundy kit in them.... the hp on just the 750kit at the crank is anywear from 90-98hp depending on the cams you go with I kinda figured that would be enuff to beat the thundercat maybe not.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skeg.. im pretty sure 98rwhp would woop up on the 950 your correct if thats the case. thats a crap load of rwhp man. gorilla squads Can-am 800's moded to the nuts doesn't even have 98rwhp not even close so if your serious about 98rwhp thats pretty darn hot.

also cat i agree the 700 grizz is a great atv. in fact i think they are one of the best ATV's going, but my reasons are not for power. i think they handle best of all the atv's. with or without the steer assist this is true. without SA the smaller hondas are edging them out if im to be totally honest but its still a way larger machine. as well i think they have the best locking diff going. they are extremely dependable. and with the single piston you get alot of bull torque you just dont seem to get with alot of other machines. there ground clearance is above average. and they are just plain a solid good mannered atv that pretty much does EVERYTHING right. but there power is behind the brute ect but its a totally different type of power as well. and out of all the machines I've ridden the grizzlies have the best engine break going.
don't get me wrong either all the machines i listed above have enough speed and power to throw you back and ride like a giant sport quad its just some do it bigger and faster than others.

perry27

Reaction score
i just bought the new 750 brute force as per prev article great deal and i'm loving it, it did some pretty amazing things I must admit

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The outty 800's definitely have a lot of power and can make some quick wheel speed. In my opinion though the visco lock needs to be improved and if you don't upgrade the tires to taller aftermarket ones your gonna be stuck a lot cause the front end gets you hung up and high centered to easily.
The fundy kits for the brute are capable of making some insane horse power and torque. Add some Nos and look out.....scarey arm stretching fun...:p

funky10

Reaction score
I'm with Crazy Wheeler on that one. The Artic Cat might as well be an old thunder cat sled in the mountains. Tons of power but handles like a tug boat. I'm sure the new Cat will be a gorilla!! But with all things new there will be problems. BRP 800's are a nice quad, really fun and fast but from all the people i know said the engine will outlast the rest of the quad. I am a Kawi man myself. They are a proven platform that has so many performace options it is insane. Check out Fundypower Sports for the different kits they have and if you are in the states check out FST. Micky Dunlops Brute was the baddest i have seen. I owned a 06 Camo Brute 750. It was an awsome machine but after i rolled it on myself because of my own stupidity i went back to a solid axel KVF 700. That is probably the most proven, most modded quad out there. It is pretty cheap to push over 100hp naturally aspirated!! When you consider the price of a new big bore quad. Just my 2 cents but in my experience it is the guy with the most knowledge and money wins!! Chear your friends on!! Have fun and stay safe!!

Top Bottom