Which Quad...450 or 750??

easyrider

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

"Newbie" here. My son (aged 29) & I are just getting into Quadding. We are seriously looking at the 2008 Suzuki 450 & 750 models. The 750 is basically only about $1,000 more. We were going to go with the 450 to begin with, then started thinking maybe for the extra grand, we should just get the 750s. We will be doing mostly trail riding to begin with, maybe use them for hunting this fall. Since this will be our first time, the first year will likely be spent mostly getting acquainted with the sport & visiting various recreational areas that aren't too agressive. Then again who really knows what will happen once we get "out there".

Just wondering if you can tell us what the basic difference is between these 2 (besides the power) & might it be worth our while to get the 750 vs the 450? We will likely have these for at least 3-4yrs. Would it be financially beneficial at trade-in time? Your comments/thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Always go for the big dog if you don't like it is always better for re-sale, and it's nice to have more power in the mud :D

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the 750 as the 450 will lack power in the mud and in the snow in the winter. They're both going to be about the same as far handling. The 450 will be lighter but other then that and maybe a bit of height. You will find once your out a few times then the 450 would get old and you would wish you went with the 750. That is my opion and I have been riding quads sine I was 5 yrs so for 26 years. Just make sure cause once you buy it and drive you loose huge off the price and you will get use to the large machine.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who bought a new 450 Kingquad last August..nice machine, but not quite everything he wanted.
Last week he went and bought a brand new Can-Am 650 Max. LOVES IT. It depends on what you will be using it for....if you plan to have passengers, I would take a good look at the 2-Up machines.
But, I agree with the others.....450 vs 750....go the 750!!

Cheers!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they apparently have the same frame ect so i would def go for a 750 purely because its going to push the frame a-lot better regardless. its always nice to have a little more power when you need it than not enough. even if you don't use it all the time.

Qub3d

Reaction score
Next Question... probably not related to this forum but just wanted to submit a quick reply; Are the stock tires on the Suzuki good enough for Snow / ice or do most people swap them out for winter?

Qub3d

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified my question. I'm the son of 'easyrider' and as my Dad mentioned we are new to this. Not having owned a quad before and not knowing a whole lot about them, would it be beneficial to swap out the tires for winter riding or will the stock ones do? Are there any disadvantages?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock tires are adequate on hard packed snow...following sled tracks. However, once you get into any real depth snow...the stock rubber will start spinning.
I just put on a set of Swamp Lites...but haven't had a chance to run them in snow yet.

AC4life

Reaction score
i bought the new 750 and love it so far. Only have 150 kms on it so far, but the ride and handling are amazing even with a 2 inch lift. I owned a kawi brute force b4 and it just didn't have the comfort that the suzuki does. I agree that you should go with the bigger bike, cause you will always want more power!!

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified my question. I'm the son of 'easyrider' and as my Dad mentioned we are new to this. Not having owned a quad before and not knowing a whole lot about them, would it be beneficial to swap out the tires for winter riding or will the stock ones do? Are there any disadvantages?

Not to sure what the suzuki tires are like but I can tell you that the stock tires on the Kawasaki bf work better in the snow than mudlites do.

I have a BF 650I and a friend I've gone riding with has a 400 ac, even though he'd never admit it, I can see the engine envy in his eye's :D

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the quad goes, depends on the type of riding you will be doing. For $1000 difference I would upgrade to the 750, but you don't need that if you are just going to be doing basic trail riding, a 450 will get you around.

As far as tires go, again it depends on the type of riding. My dad has stock ones on his Honda. He can get pretty much anywhere he wants to with them, until the snow really starts to build up. At that point he doesn't go much because he doesn't like getting stuck.

I put on the Mud Lights at the dealership and I wouldn't run anything less, but I like to play more and there is a winch for a reason.....:beerchug:

Farm_boy

Reaction score
Big power is the way to go, just cuz U got it don't mean U have to use it, but if you don't have it, you will wish U did. I have a Bruteforce 750 and love it. As for tires, I wasn't fond of mudlites, I have mud bugs now and they work great in mud, on trail, snow......

Top Bottom