Stomp gate (plus a spare)
Upgraded stereo
Wake board rack
Swivel seats with bolsters
wrap around rear seating, built in coolers,
Bimini top
Windshield is cracked
has 200 hours

So far I like the look of the Havasu, but am leaning towards the Sabre, I'll ad the wake tower to it, has the kids still want to ski and board...

Thoughts.....

Attachments

• IMG-20120909-00627.jpg
    IMG-20120909-00627.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC00581.JPG
    DSC00581.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Havasu.jpg
    Havasu.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

phatboy07

Reaction score
I own a 2003 E6 open bow very similar to the one your looking at. What is the intended use of the boat? I cant seem to find much information on the Havasu and what the bottom is like..ie thickness, aluminum grade, hull type etc. I can tell you that Bnorth is correct in that the Eagle is of a high end build quality. If you are looking to hit the rivers then you wont have an issue in the sabre depending on how skinny and rocky the rivers you intend to run. It will also work very well on the lakes to. Even though the Sabre is a 16 deg and a step tech they are strong and will still run pretty skinny water regardless. BUT, they are not meant for constant rock bashing and skipping. Im sorry I don't know to much on the Havasu so I wont comment. The main thing to look at with both are the hull, pump, and engine condition. Lots of big dents, big scratches, and pump impeller scratches can tell you how the boat was treated previously, as well are the big expensive items to fix. I just bought mine this year used as well and have put over 50 hours on it and I love it. Similarly speced as the one you are looking at but with a 6.2 LSA.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our plans are to continue to visit lakes to ski, wakeboard and tube....and to start visiting river's to tour and camp....have been told by both current owners that these boats will run in 8" of water but like at least a foot to take off in...That seems pretty skinny to me as a beginner.....(used to teach white water canoeing,have skills at reading water, while paddling in it any way...lol)

Want to be able to be on the water later in the year, so the camper cover/partial cover and heater are appealing...

E6 Havasu

Beam 90" 90"
Bottom 72" 72"
Side Height 29" 31"
Bow thickness .190" .190"
Side Thickness .125" .125"
Keel Thickness .375" Step Tec .500 6061 .190 + delta pad?
Motor 6.2L LS3 5.7L
Pump American Turbine 309 SS "AA" impeller, place diverter, stomp gate
Heater E6 has Havasuwould need to be added
Wash down pump E6 has , Havasuwould need to be added
Wake board tower E6 would need to be added , Havasuhas

Confused re the HP Eagle site shows the 6.2L LS3 at 410 hp but Mecury's site the 6.2 is only 330 HP, and the 5.7 the owner indicated 330 HP but Mercury's site is 300 HP.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The LS3 is probably a Kodiak or Marine Power not a Merc.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 330hp? Its still lots and in most cases all you will ever need. What has it got for a pump?

Both boats I'm trying to pick from have the American Turbine AT309 both indcate a SS AA impeller...more details in the previous posts above...

Does Merc do anything different then Kodiak

indyguy

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with the Outlaw - they are tough boats. Easy to work on and get parts if needed. I pull my kids around all the time on tubes, skiis and wakeboards at the lake. I don't have the wakeboard tower though. I just use longer ropes. And when we want to go boating and the lakes are rough - we take off on the rivers. The step thru windshield on the Eagle has my vote. When you are on the rivers sometimes you cant get in from the side - plus the added wind flow thru is nice on the 30C days.

phatboy07

Reaction score
330 hp and the AA ss impeller is a good set up. You mentioned it has a place diverter as well. Those work great for hole shot and adjusting any porpoising issues. Its a good set up as long as the rivers you run aren't very silty or sandy. They tend to lock up sometimes. But not anything to steer clear of in my opinion.

Top Bottom